Pages

Friday, January 22, 2010

Stamp Simply #123 - Very Vintage

Stamp Simply #123 - January 22nd - VERY VINTAGE "ssnotime123"
Today, Sharon issued the challenge to make a card with a Vintage theme. Upload your project to Spiltcoast and use the keyword "ssnotime123". Check out all the Challenge Details and see Sharon's creation on her blog No Time to Stamp. ALSO -- Sharon has employed the services of Mr. Linky on her blog to help us keep up with all of the players! So please play along and link your project with Mr. Linky on No Time to Stamp, Sharon's blog!
----------------------------------
Please check out the great samples for the Stamp Simply Challenge today on the blogs of these totally creative designers:Tammy, Janine, Julie, AJ, Deb, Jennifer, Barbara, and Barb Schram.

I don't know if my card really fits the bill for Very Vintage, but I tried.... I started with Graphic 45 DP with the Cherries and Polka Dots.... and then the card took form. Looks more country than vintage, I think.

I airbrushed a little pink on to the Graphic 45 Cherries DP and also around the edge of my image panel. I think everything is pretty self explanatory on this one, so I'll spare you my blabbering today. The only thing I want to point out is.... I popped the scallop circle up using foam tape and instead of putting the pearls on each scallop, I put them in between and a little under that panel.... so they just peek out.... just enough to catch your eye.
  • Stamps: All stamps by Flourishes - Peaches and Cherries Set
  • Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Memento Tuxedo Black
  • Paper: Cherry DP by Graphic 45, Red, Golden Matte, Neenah Ivory Environment
  • Other: Spellbinder's Classic Circles, Fine Tip Brown Pen, Copics/ABS, Green Twill Ribbon from Basic Grey, Large Red Pearls

24 comments:

  1. Jenny, this is a beautiful card! Also,..thanks for the tip on the Sandy blog! I am now following! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny, this is very cute, country-ish. It could be considered vintage country-ish : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I think it looks Vintage. I have some old pictures that are Vintage that were done like this with fruits, peaches I believe. It's fabulous Jenny, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh brother, can't believe you got spammed. Awesome vintage cherries!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Spammers!! What a pain!!
    Your card by the way is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, I love vintage! The paper and image are just beautiful paired with kraft. Fabulous work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, SO vintage and SO gorgeous -- totally LOVE this, Jenny!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE this! I will definately remember your wonderful use of pearls in between the scallops. Your coloring is beautiful. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks vintage to me! Love it all and the red is so cheery. MLN

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my, how very gorgeous! Your coloring is fantastic here Jenny! I love cherries, and this design is amazing! Wowzers!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card - love the simplicity of it and the way you did the pearls. Funny we both posted cherries today....divine intervention, perhaps...;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks vintage to me! It actually reminds me of old wallpaper my gramma had in her kitchen! Your card is beautifully done :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow Jenny! This is absolutely stunning! Your coloring is just a real wowzer!! Too pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super adorable Jenny! LOVE this Graphic45 paper and you did an EXCELLENT job with it!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yum! Vintage or not it's really beautiful. Can't go wrong with those gorgeous cherries.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love how you used the cherries on this card. It is done to perfection. Pat

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just too pretty, Jenny! Yep, I think it's vintage--perfectly vintage :) Love those cherries--on the paper AND the image. Your coloring is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous Jenny, so beautifully colored!
    blessings, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh goodness, you know how I love cherry stuff! GREAT card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oooh, Jenny, I LOVE this. I think the paper makes it vintage. I just ordered that set from Flourishes. Can't wait to use it!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yes, it's a little country... VINTAGE country! :) Fabulous card, Jenny! It totally reminds me of an apron or tea towel or even curtains that my Grandma might have had in her farmhouse kitchen! LOVE the pearls behind the scallops!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Jenny,
    Very Sweet. Love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful - love the paper and the images! The berries look so succulent! Yummmm!

    ReplyDelete
  24. that dp is yummy, I getta get some of that, I just love cherries in real life and on papere and it goes perfectly with the stamped image.

    ReplyDelete