Pages

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Stamp Simply #121 - Love is in the Air

Stamp Simply #121 - January 8th - LOVE THEME "ssnotime121"
Today, Sharon issued the challenge to make a card with a Love theme. Upload your project to Spiltcoast and use the keyword "ssnotime119". Check out all the Challenge Details and see Sharon's creation on her blog No Time to Stamp. ALSO -- Sharon has employed the services of Mr. Linky on her blog to help us keep up with all of the players! So please play along and link your project with Mr. Linky on No Time to Stamp, Sharon's blog!
Please check out the great samples for the Stamp Simply Challenge today on the blogs of these totally creative designers: Tammy, Janine, Julie, AJ, Deb, Jennifer, Barbara, Barb Schram and we have Michelle Woerner - as our guest stamper.

I simply stamped my sentiment and added a little light airbrushing for color. To create the Flourished Backdrop for it, I used Cuttlebug Folder "Flourished Frame". I embossed the kraft paper with the Folder, then I used my baby brayer to add white pigment ink to the raised portions. Again, my little brayer did the trick, keeping the ink on only the raised area. After brayering with the white ink, I heat embossed it with Clear EP, so it is shiny and kind of has a glazed look to it in person. I trimmed the Flourished Frame out and popped it up with foam tape. I used the Cuttlebug Hearts background to emboss the pink background. I went to town adding pink crystals everywhere and finished it up with a Kraft Ribbon Bow along the bottom edge. Finished card size is 6" Square.


  • Stamps: Sentiment by Serendipity Stamps - Where there is no Love
  • Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, White Pigment Ink and Clear EP
  • Paper: Pink, Kraft, Neenah Classic Crest 80#
  • Other: Cuttlebug Folders: Flourished Frame and Hearts, Pink Crystals, Kraft Tafetta Ribbon, Baby Brayer, Spellbinder's Oval Nesties

31 comments:

  1. wowzers..I keep looking at that cb frame...NOW I know I gotta buy it! That sentiment is AWESOME..I WANT IT..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cripe...sorry..forgot to mention that I LOVE THIS CARD! GREAT JOB AS ALWAYS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great, elegant colors for a love card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so soft and pretty, Jenny! I love the bling! Beautiful! Hope all is well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMGosh, Jenny this is beautiful!!! I did NOT think I needed that Flourished Frame Cuttlebug folder, but now I guess I do! This is incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card - love that flourished frame and the sentiment is beautiful. And look at you with the kraft paper ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Where oh where did you get the CB hearts folder? I have been hoping they would come out with one! Love the frame and color combo. Lovely card! MLN

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is an ingenious way to use that CB folder. You always manage to inspire me :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Terrific, Awesome, and Wonderful! I have to try the brayer technique on my embossed images!(thank you for the inspiration!) LOVE the cards subtle pink color and those crystals are a perfect touch, Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohhhhhhh - I just LOVE that card. I love pink, love the background swirls, love all the glitz, and the WORDS are just beautiful. This is another winner!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is gorgeous......as if I'm surprised?????
    qkk

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty! I really like how you've outlined the embossing...it really makes a statement that way! Gorgeous design Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very beautiful, Jenny! I love the softness and simplicity! I give it a 10 out of 10!

    ReplyDelete
  14. stunning and elegant card! Just Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just LOVE the subtle colors and all those tiny crystals! Awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. totally lovely card and the verse is beautiful. Makes a person think a bit. Love the little blingers around the oval. Super pretty. Pat

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a beautiful card, so elegant.

    I don't know how well I would do with a brayer putting the white on the embossed parts.

    Do you think that it would work to use the method of inking the embossing folder?

    I don't know where I would make the least mess. Lori

    ReplyDelete
  18. OMGosh! How gorgeous!!! I've never seen that Cuttlebug frame but I've gotta have it, LOL!! Just a gorgeous card, Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is beautiful. I love the colors you chose..You have the patience of a saint to put all those tiny rhinestones around the edges..Great job..Lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  20. So gorgeous! Wow! Love all those pink crystals. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh wow Jenny, I just may have to case this one!! Wowzers!! The colors, the design, the flourished frame....Jaw dropping. Gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hey Jenny! This isn't a "simple" card it is a simply beautiful card! I have not seen this CB product. I love how you highlighted the raised portion. It almost reminds me of a fancy iced cookie! Love all the bling, and the color combo. Beautiful work! Best, Curt

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a beautiful creation Jenny! Love that CB folder -- toooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Outstanding artwork! Quite creative & beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is beautiful, Jenny! I love the frame and I think I may need that, lol. Did you have much snow where you live? We had some, but mostly we're just freezing!Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Yikes, I missed this yesterday, it's absolutely gorgeous Jenny! I love what you did with the Cuttlebug frame, it's stunning. Gotta try it with the stencils, thanks so much for sharing your directions for the technique!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Yikes, I missed this yesterday, it's absolutely gorgeous Jenny! I love what you did with the Cuttlebug frame, it's stunning. Gotta try it with the stencils, thanks so much for sharing your directions for the technique!

    ReplyDelete
  28. That frame is just so wonderful! STUNNING!

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is a stunningly beautiful card. I have been searching all over the internet for the Cuttlebug hearts folder. I thought it was called Dotted Hearts. But I cannot find it ANYWHERE. Please, oh please, tell me it is available somewhere. Or is it one of their new folders that hasn't been released yet? Thanks for your help with this.

    ReplyDelete