Pages

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Our Creative Corner - Sketch Challenge

Over at the OCC, we have a sketch challenge today! Hope you will play along with us! You can find all the details on the Our Creative Corner Blog.
Be sure and take a look to see what the other ladies have cooked up for this fun challenge, see the links to all the OCC ladies on my sidebar.

I combined some of the new Graphic 45 Dp from "A Proper Gentleman Collection" and Papertrey's fun "Baby Button Bits" set with the sketch to create this little baby card. I liked doing a baby card that was not pastel. I added simple elements... the little felt button - I backed with a circle of the DP and then added the eyelets to it. I had the jute rope and the coordinating jute string which was a good match to my paper, I wrapped it around the back of the cuttlebug panel and that panel is popped up. Finished card size is an A2.
  • Stamps: Papertrey's Baby Button Bits
  • Ink: Versafine Onyx Black
  • Paper: Graphic 45 - A Proper Gentleman Collection 8x8 Paper, Neenah Ivory, Dark Green
  • Other: Ticket Corner Punch, Spellbinder's Oval Nesties, Felt Button by Hero Arts, Eyelets, Jute String, Jute Rope, Cuttlebug Asian Folder, Black Micron Pen, Crystals, Copic Markers, Misc. Button

13 comments:

  1. I just got this set in the mail yesterday and am anxious to play with it. This would be a great card for a baby golfer with that plaid!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny, I love that DP! I adore graphic 45 and this one's stunning. I think everyone used beautiful DP this week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, fabulous take on this sketch. That jute rope is just too funky - I LOVE it!! And that felt button you created is amazing. You really rocked this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning, Jenny!!! I just love every little detail here...perfect in every way!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful, Jenny! Such a cute stamp too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice to see a non-traditional baby card--I like it a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WoW! Love that new Graphics 45 paper! I haven't seen it before. Love the way you used the jute for the horizontal lines on the sketch. Very creative.

    Sue P LookingForwardToTomorrow

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute baby card - Jenny!!! Love the embellishments you added to this awesome card!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet card Jenny, LOVE the sentiment and pretty design!

    Have a fun weekend, Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. My, my.... I think this is the very first time I have ever seen you use a PTI stamp set! I do love their sets and the Button Bits sets are soooooo much fun to work with. Your take on this is so beyond anything I would ever think of doing. That's why you are my first stop every day when I sit down at my computer. Thank you so much for stretching my pea brain!!!

    P.S. Just received the new Asian CB folders - DIVINE! Thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so jealous you have this set. I love it. Great job on the challenge, your card is absolutely FABULOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. FUN card! Love the fibers and texture!

    ReplyDelete
  13. hey - who's your G45 dealer? i've seen it available for sale online but hadn't heard it made it to stores in ATL.

    ReplyDelete