Pages

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Our Creative Corner - Music Challenge

Over at the OCC, we have a MUSIC themed challenge today! Hope you will play along with us! You can find all the details on the Our Creative Corner Blog.
Be sure and take a look to see what the other ladies have cooked up for this fun challenge, see the links to all the OCC ladies on my sidebar.

I know, this is a serious departure from my norm. What can I say... I had a cocktail with dinner.... and this the result! I stamped the Music background on Ivory paper, then added some airbrushing using Mustard and a Blue Green Copic... trying to pick up her dress color. The image is from the new Graphic 45 Collection "Le' Romantique". The image makes for a quick and easy card using the cut out picture as a focal point. Some very frilly and girlie embellishments, using 1 1/2" Ivory silk ribbon and my Bow Easy to tie the fluffy bow. Finished card size is an A2. Not sure if I like how this turned out or not. I struggle with anything vintage, as much as I love the look of vintage projects, I can't quite get it "right". I roughed up the edges of each panel with my scissors, and now I think I should have added some inking around the edges too.

23 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL CARD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is BEAUTIFUL!!! LOVE IT!!! I want to rush out and get some Graphic 45 paper this minute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card! (just the way it is)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a great music themed card for the challenge-love the dancing couple and it looks like you colored them. tfs

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's gorgeous, Jenny! I love your music background, the beautiful image, and your fabulous bow! Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely! Quite different for you. Great music background. MLN

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Jenny, it's so beautiful! I love all your details that reinforce how stunning that image is!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is FABULOUS, Jenny!!!! The ribbon and that charm look AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous and very romantic, Jenny! It's wonderful! Love the ribbons and old looking image.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love, Love, Love this card! Great job Jenny! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very classy and gorgeous Jenny!!! Love your card and take on the Challenge!!!

    Have a great weekend!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card and design Jenny! I too LOVE the beautiful image, stunning paper and amazing bow! Great card!

    Have a fun weekend, Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Jenny, I LOVE it!! Awesome vintage work - maybe you should combine drinking and stamping more often - LOL!! Gorgeous image and that silk bow is to die for. TFS!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, I'm loving those background stamps from IO you've been using lately, like this one. It looked like nice dp, I did a double take when I saw you had used a stamp. I like your roughed up job on the edges too : )

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love it just the way it is....awesome job :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. very elegant!!! Just Love it!! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS Jenny! You did an EXCELLENT job with this vintage creation ... I just LOVE it!! And the ivory satin ribbon is just PERFECT! WELL DONE my friend ... WELL DONE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your music themed card! It turned out great and I love that heart charm. Such a great vintage feel. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fabulous card with a real "old fashioned" feel. Really classy image - from Joanna Sheen's Fashion Boutique triple CD - too!

    Marion, UK

    ReplyDelete
  20. Jenny: This is great. I just did some music themed ATC for a swap. My next 2 sets are books. See you soon.
    Carly

    ReplyDelete