Pages

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Our Creative Corner - Color Challenge

Over at the OCC, the challenge call today is about COLOR-- specifically Blue and Green -- our fun hostess for January, Joycelyn, has issued the call for this fun color combo and a gift certificate from Totally Stampalicious is also up for grabs to a participant! Hope you will play along with us! You can find all the details on the Our Creative Corner Blog. Be sure and take a look to see what the other ladies have cooked up for this fun challenge, see the links to all the OCC ladies on my sidebar.

So are you wondering why my blog has been a little quiet this week -- well... I'll tell you.... I have a terrible case of NO MOJO. I think the cold weather must have frozen my creativity. I have been struggling. I am going to tidy up the craft room and have a fresh start on Saturday Morning.... I have the time to play and create... so please let the mojo come. PLEASE!!

The NEW Asian Cuttlebug Collection landed on my doorstep this week and it inspired me to pull out some of my beautiful washi paper to play with. I found a blue and green pattern and ran with with it!

I gold embossed my sentiment, adding an inner frame by outlining the inside edge of my nestie before I removed the oval from the die. On the outermost scalloped oval, I pulled out the needle and thread to embellish. I used my Japanese Screw Punch to add 1/16" holes to each scallop. I used a craft needle and blue embroidery floss to stitch around the oval's edge.

The dangling beads were originally ivory in color, before they met up with a Copic Marker! I thought I would show you how I added the ribbon on the end..... loop the ribbon with a strand of embroidery floss, pull the two ends of the embroidery floss up thru the bead. Once you get the floss threaded thru the bead -- pull it really taut, just enough so that the ribbon gets stuck securely in the bottom end and you can no longer see any of the string.

21 comments:

  1. I'd a never known you would have lost your Mojo!! I thought it was only for people like me; which by the way, still hasn't been found. Your project is very pretty! I look forward to your posts, but it's not life threatening if I don't get it. Now, get some needed R&R if you need to and come back and dazzle everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card. My asian CB folders arrived yesterday and this inspires me to use them! Great washi paper too. Glad your mojo is back! MLN

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, I don't think your mojo deserted you AT ALL. This is fabulous. Great colors and the way you stitched around the nestie is totally amazing. That new CB folder is lovely and is perfect for this card! Great job on the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous! wow..I have got tons of beads around here..thanks for the inspiration!! Wish I had your "no mojo" ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE this card..the colors and the design! Hmmm, I'll have to use this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Utterly scrumptious card, Jenny! No Mojo my eye. Every time I see something "notpaper" colored with Copics I feel the urge to buy some. Love the beads and the washi.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hate it when I get that way. I just have no desire to go up to my "craft cave" and create. But it does come back. . .we can never stay away from this wonderful time consumer for too long. This card is remarkable, not to mention beautiful! I can't get over all of the wonderful detail that you put into this. The stitching around the oval, the gold embossing, the coloring of the beads, the way you did the ribbon, etc. Just awesome! Best, Curt

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, I love it! I like that Asian CB texture you used, the stitching around the oval and use of the beads. That's beautiful work for not having an Mojo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, Jenny... gorgeous! What you did with the beads and the stitching is totally cool. I love all the Asian-inspired elements, especially that beautiful paper and CB folder!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jenny - your mojo is still there!!! Your card is beautiful!!! Love how you added the beads...so unique and cool looking!!! You rock GF!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  11. I see mojo, lots of mojo! Love all the details and yet the elegant simplicity at the same time. How do you do that? Thanks for the little lesson on adding the ribbon bits to the beads, so very Jenny of you!

    Sue P SomewhereOutThere

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jenny, I love the asian feel of this card! Gorgeous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning card Jenny, what an interesting design and I LOVE how you hung those beads!

    Have a wonderful weekend, Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a neat card and love the bead trim. tfs

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is sooooooo cooooooool!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card. Love the beads too:). Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  17. gorgeous!! Love the oriental feel of this card! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love this card for all the blue-green asian reasons! Just beautiful! and those beads with ribbon ends are so fantastic! You always amaze me with your creative ideas. If only you would take all your posts and put them into a Book I, Book II, Book III, etc., - right in order of your posting. I would love to have them....

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love this one! I'm back from vacation and dying to make something. Glad you got your MoJo back. qkk

    ReplyDelete
  20. Jenny, I love it! You always do things I'd never think of. I love the texture and the beads! You are always an inspiration! Thank you! I REALLY don't want you to go!

    ReplyDelete