Pages

Saturday, January 9, 2010

OCC Challenge - Make it 3-D.

Over at the OCC, the challenge call today is project themed -- our fun hostess for January, Joycelyn, has issued the call to make a 3-D project.... It can be anything you can imagine, just create it with your craft supplies. Hope you will play along with us! You can find all the details on the Our Creative Corner Blog. Be sure and take a look to see what the other ladies have cooked up for this fun challenge, see the links to all the OCC ladies on my sidebar.
I have made a couple of pencil holders like this. They sit on a lazy susan on my craft desk. This one holds all my "colored" fine tip pens.... Pens from Martha Stewart and also Fine Tip Pens by Staedtler. I use these pens all the time for doodles and adding extra details. I keep my black fine tips - Copic Multi Liners and Microns in another cup. My project was originally a cardboard box that a candle came packaged in. I cut it in half and dressed it up with all sorts of embellishments. I don't often do projects like this, but when I do I find them rewarding and almost always fun, as long as I don't have to measure. I'm not a measure or follow the rules kind of gal. Which I guess explains to you why you don't see me creating a lot of projects!

17 comments:

  1. Another gorgeous project! This is stunning! A perfect (and beautiful) holder for your pens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great! I'm with you on the measuring thing..this is a good idea! simple!

    ReplyDelete
  3. *snort* I hear ya with the measuring!!!! I sew new clothes and alter ready to wear for people but that seems easier to me than creating a 3-D item because somehow I get those measurements wrong.

    I like your pen holder!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a great project! And so useful too. It`s absolutely beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely beautiful, Jenny!!! Love the beaded trim...so gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are such fun pen holders! I love the beads and the fancy fibers! Tres chic, Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jenny! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! I havent been over to OCC in a while. I like this challenge and I actually have a project in progress that would be perfect! I love the vintage/shabby look of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful project...you "did good!" I love 3D projects!

    ReplyDelete
  9. VERY cool project Jenny!

    Have a fun weekend ~ Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great project - love the vintage look of it. Now THIS you could give me for my next birthday....LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome! great project!! you did a beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love it, Jenny! It's vintage and funky and fun. Love the Scrabble type letters and the beaded fringe! I think its 'measurement fear' that keeps me from doing projects too - LOL. I usually mess up on a measurement and then whole thing flops. But it looks like we all did a great job this time 'round.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful pencil holder, Jenny...sooo elegant and perfect for you craft room!!!! Isn't it amazing what can be covered and decorated for a special use....that must by why I can't seem to throw anything out...lol!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This was a wonderful use for a box - I will have to remember this idea next time I think I need to go to the Container Store to buy something! LOL! Your pencil holder is so very cool. The Scrabble letters are my favorite part since that is one of my favorite games! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ohhh Jenny - This is a FABULOUS project!!! WOW - love the colors and the altered container!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Jenny, gorgeous pen holder!! Love the vintage feel and the fabulous trim!

    ReplyDelete