Pages

Saturday, January 2, 2010

OCC Challenge - CAS

Over at the OCC the challenge call today is CAS -- Our new Hostess, Joycelyn is starting off the challenges for 2010 with a Clean and Simple approach. However you interpret CAS! Hope you will play along with us! You can find all the details on the Our Creative Corner Blog! So be sure and check them all out, see the links to all the OCC ladies on my sidebar.
-----------------------------
-----------------------------
Clean and Simple seems to be on the challenge calendars everywhere lately. Which is good -- I struggle with CAS and it's good to have a little push outside the comfort zone. When I think of Clean and Simple -- often it conjures up "Clean Lines" and that is what I tried to incorporate on to my card. I used lots of color -- but things are still very simply stamped and my layout uses clean lines. I think anyway.
-----------------------------
-----------------------------
I pulled my Basic Grey Wisteria Paper out and mixed it with White plus a light and dark Purple card stock. I usually shy away from purple, not my fave color -- but in the end, I liked these deep purple tones quite a bit. I stamped the quote and the Medallion pieces along the bottom in Versafine Imperial Purple. Versafine is my favorite ink, unless I am coloring with Copics and use the Memento Products. It seems to always cover completely and also stamp so clean and crisply. Finished card size is an A2.

20 comments:

  1. Funny, my first thought was "those are not her usual colors"! Great job with them! Love the quote.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful, Jenny. I love all the purple - your stamped medallions and quote are gorgeous with the Basic Grey paper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very stylish card! Love it!! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, this is absolutely stunning girl! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jenny - it's a gorgeous card. I feel your 'pain' with CAS. Somehow my cards look overdone when I see other very CAS cards that I love. Hmmm.... Opportunity to grow, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beauty, Jenny! That color is so rich and deep - it makes a really striking look with the white - a great CAS card!!

    Wishing all the best to you and your family in 2010!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card!! Love the colors.
    Hugs,
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year - Jenny!!! This is one beautiful and rich looking card!!! I think it's a great CAS style :) !!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Jenny! This is beautiful! I love the deep rich purples! Love the bow and the centers of the "flowers"too. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always think of your style as clean...but simple--NOT! You are the queen of lovely details!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy New Year! What a lovely card. Very elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is wonderful! I love the colors and all the cut work. Happy New Year, Jenny! Hope we can meet up again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  14. ohhhh, my favorite color and my very favorite DP! Tis gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Jenny~ What a wonderful card. Love those colors, I love them, but they are hard for me to use. You have inspired me to try! And the reastest sentiment!

    ~Penny~

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card. The dps and colors are soooo pretty. Love the flowers across the bottom. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the purple...different but so lovely. Happy New Year Jenny and many more to come. Pat

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so yummy and gorgeous. What a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Now that is really creative and cool~ Beautiful actually!

    ReplyDelete