Pages

Monday, January 18, 2010

Miss You.

This card uses two of the new sets from Flourishes, Tag Lines and Lace Edges both of which have lots of stamping potential, IMHO. This is really a very simple card made by adding simple elements together. And yes... I'm going to show you how. But trust me -- SIMPLE.

To create the inner frame....
I used Spellbinder's Petite Oval Nesties.
I cut out a small oval from a white piece of card stock.
Then, I stamped the Lacey Flourish on either side of my cut out oval window.
Next, I used the next size Oval as a template, taping it in place and tracing around the outer edge in pencil. I stopped tracing where the stamped image starts.
Then I used scissors and trimmed out the oval using the pencil line as a guide and also including the flourishes, cutting out along the edges.
This created my pretty oval frame.
Under the Lacey cut out frame label, I used a red oval die cut.
Under the red oval is a scalloped oval die cut from White Card Stock, and I used my Japanese screw punch and red jute string to embellish the edges.
The sentiment was added last, popped up in the middle of the frame.

I added some red pearls and a tiny jute string bow to complete the card. The corner pieces are just that- I stamped the image on the corner of a white piece of card stock and then cut them at an angle to make a triangle embellishment. I stamped everything in Versafine's Crimson Red Ink. When I use polymer stamps, especially when they have fine details like this image, Versafine is my favorite ink to use. I am loving my new Asian CB folders and had to use another one in the background. I used a paper piercer to add some piercing around the edges. Final card size is an A2.

17 comments:

  1. What a pretty card; but simple? maybe! I guess the nesties takes care of that-need to get me some. Like the stitching and your cutting is so neat. tfs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very intricrate work, thanks for sharing the details and pictures of how you did it. Love the monotone look, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous. How did you think to do this frame!?!? Lovely layers. MLN

    ReplyDelete
  4. It may be simple to you but thinking it up was NOT! That's why you are right up front in this industry and I am just a sit-at-home-grandmother who tries to use what is left of my pea-brain. I so agree that Versafine is the only way to go with detailed stamps. Love that ink! Love your card. Really lovely and unusual.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! Beautiful Jenny! I wish I could steal one iota of your elegant style......it's so scrumptious!

    Hugs

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is stunning Jenny!! Love how you framed the sentiment!!! Gorgeous in the red and white too!! So elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  7. *wide eyes* How do you even THINK of that kind of complex card!? WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW, Jenny, this is breathtaking!!! I love the way you've cut that frame....truly gorgeous card, WOW!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WoW! Awesome use of the stamps and the nesties. You never cease to amaze me, Jenny. And I was trying to convince myself that I really didn't need those new lace stamps from Flourishes. We'll see how long I can hold out...

    Sue P Weddingville, GA

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, gorgeous card and love those hand-stitches. Very Neat!
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, goodness at every single turn not to mention that wonderful red and white color scheme.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just so beautilicious. Great colours and design too.
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete
  13. Boy, did you have some major mojo going on this one. It is beautiful, great use of a very elegant stamp.

    ReplyDelete