Pages

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Many Thanks in Black and White


I got a little carried away with the crystals on some cards, inspired by an upcoming challenge on a Design Team....... and I wanted to use the pre-formed swirly crystals on something. I have had them forever and finally I opened the package! These were so easy to use, and I created a lickety split finished card in no time. I embossed the sentiment with Black ink and Clear detail powder. All of the layers are simply matted with an 1/8 border, the sentiment panel is popped up with foam tape. Finished card is an A2. Simple card to make -- look at the simple things in the recipe below. No Copics and no Spellbinders -- always a shock when I make a card with out either of those staples!
  • Stamps: Thanks Sentiments Clear Set #CL41, from Impression Obsession
  • Ink: Black Craft Ink and Clear Detail EP
  • Paper: DP by Luxe Designs, Black, White
  • Other: Crystal Adhesive Swirls by Prima Marketing

9 comments:

  1. simple, elegant and stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the swirls and the simple elegance of using only black & white. I need to try that.

    Sue P Stickville, GA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jenny
    Love your card, the swirly crystals have added a very dramatic element to your design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No doodles and no punches either! Are you sick or something???

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh ooh OOH! This is gorgeous and elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  6. very classic! Love it! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is stunning! And I am in love with those crystal swirls, you made great use of them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I so love B & W cards...I made some for card sets for Christmas this year...never got them posted but they were some of my faves, as well as your wonderful creations!

    ReplyDelete