Pages

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Home.....

This pineapple image paired up perfectly with the Basic Grey Origins Paper Collection. I used Copics to color the pineapple and then cut it out, popping it up with foam tape on the kraft panel. I kept it simple, I thought the image and the sentiment did not need too much fussing up. A little jute string bow and some stitch marks, and it's done! Finished card size is 4 1/2' x 6 1/2". A simple card and a simple post for today!

Here's a close up and remember you can always click on the pics to enlarge them.
  • Stamps: All stamps by Impression Obsession, #D5548 May Your Home, #F1733 Pineapple
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
  • Paper: DP by Basic Grey - Origins Collection, Neenah Classic Crest Solar White, Kraft
  • Other: Jute String, White Gel Pen, Green Fine Tip Pen, Swiss Dots Cuttlebug Folder

18 comments:

  1. Wow, love your coloring on the pineapple. Wonderful card. tfs

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, Jenny, your shading is just awesome on those leaves!!! Unbelievable, you are a PRO.
    qkk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that's one gorgeous card! I agree with you, the paper is perfect for the image, just love that stamp!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pineapple - symbol of hospitality. It looks like the most perfect door knocker. Your coloring is FAB. Makes me feel warm and cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh goodness...I might have to get this stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I honestly gasped, held my breath, and thought drop-dead gorgeous!!! I have it to post too, saving you the email. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simplicity at its best!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, I thought you'd actually curved out the pineapple--fantastic job, Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great card! You always amaze me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Delicious looking card. The coloring on the pineapple is divine and you paired it with the perfect papers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You certainly can turn unusual stamps into works of art. This is beautiful and perfectly put together. Who would have thought a pineapple could be so elegant. And I love that saying. Just wonderful, Jenny.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, I love how you put this stamp with these papers, and the colors...wow, simple but beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic color job! Stunning pineapple! Smart to leave the rest of the card simple so the fruit can shine. MLN

    ReplyDelete