Pages

Monday, January 11, 2010

Golden Heart

Did I over do it with the gold and or the pink? Don't answer that, I know the answer already. I know it's a strange photo, but with the gold embsossing I could not get a a decent straight on picture. I am using new photo software "Aperture" for my new iMac.... and have not quite mastered the editing options well enough to shape up a straight on pic with this much embossing. I made the switch from PC to Mac and I am loving it! OK, enough blabber, on to the card.... I started with my Cuttlebugged background.... I used my famous little baby brayer to ink the raised portions with Versamark. Then I added Gold Detail EP. I must say this worked even better than using a colored ink with the brayer. After I coated with the Gold EP, I could see any places that powder stuck to in error and I could just brush it away with a tiny brush. Leaving the background nice and clean. I embossed my heart image with Gold on to White paper and used Copics to color in the blank spaces. I also used a fine tip pen to outline the gold lines and help them stand out from the pink. I pulled out some scalloped scissors to do the edging around the heart, and dressed the scallops with some serious bling. It's a lot to take in.... I know, but I will say in defense of this card -- it looks better in person. Finished card is an A2.
  • Stamps: Cloisonné Heart by Michael Strong, Sentiment by Impression Obsession - Anytime Sentiments #CL43
  • Ink: Versamark and Gold Detail EP
  • Paper: Neenah Classic Crest Solar White, Pink, Salmon, Raspberry
  • Other: Cuttlebug Folder, Gold Ribbon, Crystals, Raspberry Sm. Nailheads, Scalloped Scissors, Spellbinder's Ribbon Tags, Copics, Fine Tip Pink Pen, Gold Gel Pen

19 comments:

  1. The outlining was a great idea--wonderfully rich card, as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is an awesome card! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks lovely to me! Very rich and elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenny, this turned out beautiful! I'm not sure why all the discrediting of it....it's gorgeous! Glad to hear you got a Mac. We all have one in our house and love them. Have fun with it. Love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the tip on using the brayer on the cuttlebugged image. I have done this before by just rubbing the versamark over it. This card is beautiful! I love the pink and gold together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I truly like it! I think it looks elegant, the color look good together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. For me that's the card of the week! Awesome idea! Thanks for inspiration!
    This is my favorite Cuttlebug folder =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. No one loves cloisonne more than I so this card is extra-special in so many ways. I adore that it is not just for a lover but for a mom or daughter, for example. You know that pink is my top color, and with the gold it is a top ten winner. As for the bling - my granddaughter would die for a card like this one.

    Welcome to the real world of iMacs! It's hard to make the switch at first but after that you will NEVER go back! Macs are THE BEST!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW!! Very pretty! I can't believe you cut so well with the scalloped scissors...impressive, ma'am!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. SUPERFAB! You used your scalloped scissors PERFECTLY! Looks like a die! MLN

    ReplyDelete
  11. SUPERFAB! You used your scalloped scissors PERFECTLY! Looks like a die! MLN

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh WOW Jenny, this is gorgeous hun!
    so elegant!!

    Blessings, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a beautiful card and I love all the bling! You did a fantastic job with cutting the scallops with scissors, very elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jenny, this is just GORGEOUS!!!

    WOW! Love the embossing and the beautiful colours!

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  15. Loving this, Jenny. It is really my kind of card! I think it's beautiful! Every detail.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like it very much and do not think you went overboard. It's pink, it's gold, what's not to like?
    We are our worst critics.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, this is gorgeous. I do not have much luck with the brayer and my embossing folders, yours always look so beautiful. This is a lovely design and quite elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful with the gold embossed Cuttlebug folder - must try that, but I keep forgetting...great job with the scalloped scissors - it would never occur to me to try that with a heart shape. God knows what it would end up looking like if I did it...

    ReplyDelete