Pages

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Get in Shape!

No worries -- this is not a post about exercise! NO way! Exercise, bahhwhaaaa!!! This is about today's Challenge from Impression Obsession -- to use a SHAPE for your card base. Play along with us and you can WIN a $25 gift certificate to IO, just in time to get your hands on some of the newly released rubber! You can find all the rules and how to enter on the Impression Obsession Blog.

Check out the Design Team's Shapely Creations for this challenge!!

I started with a pink folded circle card, on the pink card base, I stamped one of the new Background stamps "Lg. Paisley", but you can't really see it in the pic. I used pink ink on pink paper, so it is subtle. I added some fun Paper strips covering the seams with 1/16" Rainbow Tape. Then the white circle with the little pink hearts is a stamp too -- another of the new background stamps "Hearts", just in time and perfect for some fun Valentine's cards. I then added my sentiment - stamping and then layering the DP on to my stamped image before I cut it out with the Nestie Label 8. I added a pink layer behind the label and then a few little dots around the edges. And look, I had the perfect ribbon to match up with my card!

13 comments:

  1. THAT IS CUTE, CUTE, CUTE!!!!!
    qkk

    ps: I missed seeing your daily creations while I was on vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You subtle girl, you... =) A fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous card, Jenny!!! Love everything about it. Hugs, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great ard - love those little hearts. I'd love some of that Rainbow Tape - any chance Bonnie will get more?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow~ Jenny, that is one beautiful circle card! I love your layers and all of it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute. Love the fact it's a circle and the pink colors are awesome. Do I see this heading to my Valentine Drive for my kids??
    Would love you to join in if you can find time. Pat

    ReplyDelete
  7. so soft and sweet! Love the sentiment as well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is absolutely darling!!!! I love that sentiment -- one of my faves in the new release!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute, love the colors, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Jenny. I am lovin' all the pink!! I love how you pulled the patterns and different shapes together. Fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete