Pages

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Easter Pearls and Crystals


This card uses one of the Cover a Card backgrounds from Impression Obsession, and it's original size is 5 3/4" Square.... but I trimmed it down using the tiles in the design to cut around the edge. I cut it down to fit on an A2 size card. I embossed the background and the sentiment using Versamark and White Detail EP.
I used an Petite Ovals Nesties and a Ribbon Tag Die to frame my Sentiment. Then I dressed everything up a little with some crystals and pearls. With this scalloped oval, there is an odd number of scallops, so it would not work to do one pearl, one crystal around the entire oval and have then be evenly numbered. So instead I just randomly placed them, deliberately making them uneven in numbers. Again, very simple elements used in combination to build this card.

15 comments:

  1. Beautiful Card!! Love your idea to trim the Cover a Card stamp background and the color choice. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the medallion idea. Neat design. Pretty. tfs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, Jenny!! I love the pearls and crystals. (And thanks for the heads up on the odd number of scallops on the Nesties.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply outstanding! I don't emboss near enough...and the mixture of the pearls and cystals is just COOL! ( I know...a very outdated word but this is COOL!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You truly out done yourself on this one. It is a beautiful card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jenny ~ How truly elegant! I just love what you did to this card. Looks like a great piece of lace.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jenny
    Your card is very elegant and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautiful card. Wonderful job.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just beautiful. I love how you did the background and those stamps are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A stunning design Jenny, so soft and pretty. I love the pearls and crystals, just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. GREAT use of the background stamp! White embossing can be so dramatic. Love all the bling too. MLN

    ReplyDelete
  12. Elegant, unusual, beautiful. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a completely cool concept!!! LOVE what you did here... just love this!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very elegant and lovely. The peach and white are perfect for Easter.

    ReplyDelete