Pages

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Belli Challenge #82 - Sparkly Crystal Creations!


The challenge over the Belli Blog today is to use something sparkly - glitter it up with Rhinestones or your favorite Sparkly embellishment. Please head over the the Belli Challenge Blog for all the details. If you play along remember to use keyword CBC82 when you upload to PCP or SCS, or use Mr. Linky at the Belli Blog.
----------------------------
To create my crystal studded background I used my Scor Pal to emboss the lines at every half inch. Then I simply added a crystal where every line crossed.

All of the stamping is embossed, using Black Pigment ink and Clear Detail EP. Since the background was going to be shiny with all the crystals, I thought the stamping should be too. The outermost layer of my medallion is from the JustRite Square Monogram kit. The other pieces and layers were stamped from this Clear Set from Impression Obsession; Small Ornate Squares. I built my medallion's height using Perga Kit 3D Glue, it is flexible enough when dried to allow it to be mushed for mailing - but once out of the envie it will spring back up. With all the crystals -- I thought a touch of silk ribbon would finish the card off nicely.... that is the center band. I do love me some silk ribbon!!! Finished card size is an A2.

19 comments:

  1. Hi Jenny,
    Love this sparkly creation, very dramatic and elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card - love all the crystals and how you popped up the center of the medallion. And what's not to love about silk ribbon?? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenny, this is sooo elegant! I love black and white (a touch of red really makes a splash)!! Love the "sparkle"...it's perfect and not too much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the simplicity and elegance of your card. After placing all those crystals, do you have any good ideas on how to put them down? Were yours adhesive ones or not?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jenny, this card is so elegant! I love all the crystals, and the black and white is just gorgeous! What a fabulous card! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Elegant and lovely! The Just Right frame is so perfect with the ornaments. MLN

    ReplyDelete
  7. *thud*

    I love this card, Jenny! LOVE the bling at each scored intersection, and I love that medallion. Wow!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW
    WOW
    WOW
    Gorgeous, as usual!
    qkk

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG, what a gorgeous design!!!! Your crystal studded background is over the top and I LOVE your beautiful layered medallion in the center...AWESOME work, Jenny!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Scor-Pal'd background is fab, Fab, FAB!!! The crystals at each intersection make it soooooo elegant. Gotta' try that instead of depending on a stamp to make that background. Lots of great ideas on this card.....

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOWZER - Jenny!!! This is so strikingly elegant!!! The scoring looks fabulous!!! Gorgeous card!!!

    BTW - are you frozen yet...it's sooo cold down here!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  12. YOWZA! This is a BEAUTY! Love all of the gems on the background. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Omg, this is another incredibly elegant piece--just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You definately got my attention when I saw the medallion! I can't believe I've never done one in these colors, but it makes it look sooooo elegant! You "extra" touches always amaze me, but this one just makes it feel like you're looking at something you'd see in a palace! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! It's absolutely gorgeous, Jenny! Stunning and elegant too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card, Jenny!!! I love the way you created the BG, and the medallion is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, this is elegance at it's finest! Love that pretty jeweled bg and love that the card is black and white. Just adds to the elegance.

    ReplyDelete