Pages

Sunday, December 20, 2009

wish BIG!



I love this image! It makes me smile!! I love that she is plus sized and not your typical tinkerbell tiny fairy! I colored her with Copics and highlighted the wand with a silver gel pen. For the wings I used a mixture of ultra fine glitter mixed with Crystal Lacquer. Dries nice and smooth, and does not look chunky. I went heavy on the glitter in the mixture -- I wanted super sized sparkle for her wings. I used the needle and sewed my little buttons down to the card with some silver cord and also embellished with a tiny little silver bow. A few little faux stitch marks to finish it up. Final card size is an A2.



  • Stamps: Slightly Chubby Fairy from Mo Manning, Wish Big # 333B from Savvy Stamps
  • Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Digi Image printed on Neenah Classic Crest Solar White with HP inkjet
  • Paper: Misc. DP, Neenah Classic Crest Solar White, Coral Card Stock
  • Other: Copics, Spellbinder's Labels One, Spellbinder's Petite Oval Nesties, White Ribbon by SU, Silver Cording, Misc. Buttons, Crystal Lacquer and Ultra Fine Glitte, White Gel Pen, Peach Fine Tip Marker, Silver Gel Pen, Bow Easy Tool

16 comments:

  1. beautiful card. Love it, and the image too! Mo is absolutely fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just my size - :-)))))) thanks for the smile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! Love Mo's image & what you did with her! You're such an enabler!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I love these colors and you really glitzed up her wings. Wonderful card and perfect sentiment. Aren't Mo's images great fun to color? You did a wonderful job, Jenny.
    Happy Holidays, Pinky!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Mo's images. You did a terrific job coloring this one! I love the colors you used.

    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This image makes me smile too! Love how you coloured her and the sewn on buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Toooooo cute ... thanks for the smile!! Your coloring again is just perfect! Great job! Merry Christmas to you & yours!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the image and the colors you used. The way you put everything together really sets things off. Excellent!!!! Lori

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your colors are fabulous, and your image made me grin from ear to ear. It looks like me and I feel pretty, and the song goes. Love it, Jenny!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just love it, it has got so much character and your design and colours compliments the image beautifully.
    Wishing you and your loved ones a blessed festive season.
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete
  11. fab!! such a fun card! and I love the sparkle on her wings!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Terrific card! I love all the glitter and that she is a plus size.

    ReplyDelete