Pages

Saturday, December 5, 2009

Winter Bouquet


When I read that it was about doing something CAS, meaning clean and simple.... I kinda groaned -- 'cause it is very hard for me to resist fussing up my card with lots of little add ons!!! But I went with it.... I think this is pretty CAS in style, for me anyway! The image is so pretty it doesn't need any of my fussing up, but it was still hard to resist the doodles!
---------------------
---------------------
I added a little soft airbrushing to my stamped panel -- while my paper was still in the Nestie -- so it would leave a nice white clean edge when I removed it. I colored the image with Copics, I know my colors are probably wrong for whatever type of flowers these are. I am a stamper, not a florist. I colored them to match my paper. I clued in about half way thru that I colored the mistletoe berries red -- pretty sure those are white, IRL. I added a multi-looped bow, made with the Bow Easy, finishing it off with a little adhesive pearl in the center. and my only embellishments were some simple pearls around the edges..... this was challenging to leave it as is. I do like the look of a clean white crisp edge -- but it was hard.... Look at my tiny little list of supplies!!! Final card size is 5 1/2" Square.

20 comments:

  1. Once again...lovely card and image...but it is the details that make your cards stand above the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once again...lovely card and image...but it is the details that make your cards stand above the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just stunning, I love how your colored this and the papers are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is SOOOOO Beauuuutifullll!, What a lovely job you did on this...You have a wonderful eye...for beauty!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jenny,

    What beautiful coloring. It is stunning! Then the way you finished it was like icing on a cake. Great Job!

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  6. Extremely Elegant and Breathtaking to the eye!!!!!

    Hugs

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh ... this is gorgeous Jenny!! And your coloring is out of this world!! BEAUTIFUL!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Images like this make me want to dive into Copics. And, the way you choose your colors and finish the card too. Lovely. MLN

    ReplyDelete
  9. 1. RED mistletoe berries - it's called "artistic license".
    2. At least you got the pomegranates right!
    3. You may not be a florist but any florist would kill to have lilies in your colors.
    4. You may get a call from a florist to bring your Copics to his/her shop.
    5. Your eye for color, design, and details takes you well out of the range of being 'just a stamper". You are a stamp ARTIST par exellance!
    6. When you don't post, I am bereft.
    7. (The number of completeness.) Utterly, completely, magnificently lovely and elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This card is absolutely stunning!! Your coloring and image stands perfectly on its own.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jenny, this is totally beautiful! Wow! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Totally stunning Jenny, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW, the coloring is absolutely breath-taking!!!! (as usual)
    qkk

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a gorgeous card, Jenny! Your design is sensational! Thank you for playing along with us.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, this is pretty spectacular for clean and simple. I see you managed to sneak some bling in there, lol. This is beautiful and yes, for you it is a fairly simple card. Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just beautiful. What more can I say.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wowzers, this is stunning Jenny! Yuor bow is gorgeous, as are the pearls on the corners, I love this design!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gasp... your coloring on this one is... breathtaking!!!

    ReplyDelete