Pages

Thursday, December 3, 2009

White on White

The DT for Impression Obsession has two challenges a month and we create something with the chosen theme and then share it on our blogs. Today's theme is "All White" - keeping your colors neutral with using only whites and/or Ivory tones.
-------------------
Please check out these links to every one's blog to see what the Impression Obsession DT ladies created for today...
Deborah March - Dina Kowal - Julie Koerber - Kathy Menzies - Daniela Dobson - Laura Fulcher - Jeanne Streiff and Shirley Ross.
---------------------
You are all invited to enter your creations for the Challenge and any future challenges we have too. A gift certificate is up for grabs to sweeten the challenge!
Please check out the details of how to play along and win on the Impression-Obsession Blog - the White Challenge .
---------------------I was originally thinking of a white snow themed card or a beautiful wedding themed card... but this little charm has been hanging out on my desk for a few months and tonight was the night to use it. So after the "white" inspiration, the rest of the card was created to use and showcase this little charm. AND.... the charm is actually silver in real life-- for some reason it turned GOLD in my photos. Just so you know. I thought I would have trouble getting a good picture of an all white card, and the charm goes and changes up colors in the pic. Who knows why or how.

I love the look of white on white.... It is so elegant and can really have a special look for a card for a specific occasion - perfect for a wedding theme. I added a hint of silver in the layers. I tied my bow using 1/4" White Silk ribbon, working my charm right in to my bow's center knot. I used my Scor-Pal to add some embossed lines across the sentiment panel, bordering the ribbon. I used a strip of adhesive pears to edge along the ribbon that wraps around the sentiment panel. A cuttlebugged background using the Textile Folder. The sentiment and the Cuttlebugged panel are both popped up, to help separate all the whiteness that is going on. Finished card size is an A2.

---------------------

  • Stamps: Sentiment from Impression Obsession -Butterfly Quote
  • Ink: Versamark and Detail Silver EP
  • Paper: Neenah Classic Crest Solar White, Silver
  • Other: 1/4" Silk White Ribbon, Pearls, Butterfly Charm, Bow Easy Tool, Corner Rounder

27 comments:

  1. Wow, Jenny. This is so elegant and lovely. What a gorgeous perfectly beautiful card!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love white on white, and yours is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, I love the elegance of this card. Your embellishment is the perfect finishing touch! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, elegant, feminine---LOVE IT!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OKAY..Well this is just STUNNING!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Jenny, this is gorgeous. I love that you featured that adorable charm, and this turned out so classy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this is gorgeous! May I ask what you used for the silver edges? This is such an elegant card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card. That is one of my fave embossing folders! tfs

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so beautifully elegant, makes one thing of a wedding.
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, this is so pretty!! Love the all white and the butterfly charm!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I always think white on white looks so elegant! Beautiful sentiment and gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cool you didn't go snow or wedding. Love the finished card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Turned out great! So elegant. MLN

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG - look at this white beauty!!! I love it!!! The embossing and the pearls are perfect with it!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow Jenny! Love the texture you gave your creation... looks so incredibly regal! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. So perfectly BEAUTIFUL Jenny! Mine was late because of a blogger scheduler glitch, but it's finally on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! Jenny this is gorgeous!! I love the simple score lines, pearls and that charm is just perfect. This was a hard challenge for me, but I'm so glad I played along.

    I would like to invite you to check out a "March for the Snowmen" Blog Hop I am participating in tomorrow. Probably 1/2 of the particpates are giving away blog candy!
    http://melisawaldorf.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. VERY pretty -- I am a HUGE white on white fan!!! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  19. On my previous comment I meant to ask what type silver paper you used for your accent edges. The silver paper I have seems too shiny and overpowers the card - at least I'm trying it, so that is a plus for me!! Thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lenoria -- I tried to email u back -- but your comment does notreflect your email addy.
    The silver paper is by paper Pizazz - Item # HOTP-20185 - Specialty metallic Silver. It is text weight and not heavy, like card stock. I buy it at JoAnn's.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wowzers is this ever gorgeous Jenny! The pearls are so pretty, and I adore the butterfly charm!

    ReplyDelete