Pages

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Valentine's Hearts

Well, Christmas is over and I'm switching gears, making card samples for Valentine's Day! This card features the same Clear Set Heartlines #CL159 from Impression Obsession that I used on yesterday's Birdy card. The hearts are all individual stamps... I stamped them multiple times, masking some of them here and there to create the stacked row of hearts. I had three hearts cut out that I popped up, adding them last over the others. The DP and the little pink scalloped sticker are from Basic Grey's Nook and Pantry Collection. I colored all the hearts with Copics and I added a clear Spica pen over them for some sparkle. The ivory punched edge is a Martha Border punch. I popped the sentiment and also made a little jute string bow using the Bow Easy. I embellished with some faux stitching and I also added some doodling to some of the hearts to make them a little different - since some of the designs I used multiple times. I think this card ended up looking kind of "Country". Finished card size is an A2.

11 comments:

  1. what a really great card!! TFS
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. What magnificent phrase

    ReplyDelete
  3. *gasp* That Nook and Pantry paper is PERFECT for a Valentine! Thanks for the idea with your cutie card, Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the scallops! Thanks for your help yesterday in the store! (bowmaker)
    Xaviera

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how it is not so "pink" for Valentines. Love the DSP and its a great layout. MLN

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, a lot of work went into this and I love all those hearts! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, this is cool. That is a great punch and it certainly suits the card. Your stacked hearts are brilliant. Wonderful card, Jenny.

    ReplyDelete
  8. More gorgeousness - Jenny!!! This is another fab valentines card!!!

    Have a great *New Year*!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely colors...I like the "Country" feel of these colors and quilt like feel of the hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice. Love the country colors, bit especially love the way you take it up a notch with all your wonderful details.

    Sue P Iamstillalive, GA

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a pretty design, Jenny....I am sooo lovin all the hearts and the colors are beautiful!!! Have a great New Years!!!

    ReplyDelete