Pages

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Tea for Three


This is another image from Flourishes that screamed and begged for me to color it up with my Copics. So I did. Soft airbrushing around the edges of my rectangle panel while it was still snug in the Nestie, keeping the outer frame white. I went to town with my Copics, coloring in these sweet little tea cups.

I used a gold gel pen to add details to each teacup after coloring them, if you enlarge the pics you can see it better. I used the Fleur De Lis Borderabilities from Spellbinders to create my border on the left side, embellishing it with some gold pearls, outlining the left edge of the border with gold and then using Copics to fill in the white space, making it green. Lotsa layers of papers on this card, and I know folks say -- "Its' too much, Jenny" -- but sometimes I just can't stop. I had pad of Basic Grey's Boxer Collection on my desk and I wanted to use it all -- so I tried to!!! Finished card size is an A2.

17 comments:

  1. OMGosh, Jenny, I am still drooling over this beautiful card!!! You coloring is out of this world gorgeous...love the Fleur De Lis border and those pearls...they just make it pop. Absolutely breathtaking!!! Another masteriece waiting to be framed ;D. Hugs, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't think I needed this set as I have similar ones but now I think I must have it. Great card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my favorite things is teacups and saucers. Love the stack of three. Great coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Jenny, this is gorgeous. I just got my set and this is inspiring me to ink it up. What an awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those tea cups and what you did with them. I think the layers really make it pop and show your love for paper. Beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What...never say too much Jenny! This is what makes your cards so special...all the detail and patience!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with Sandy, no such thing as too much on a Jenny card. Love all the details...

    Sue P

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card - Jenny!!! Love how you used this Flourishes Set!!! Perfect coloring too!!!

    Sorry - I have been so quite....it's sooo crazy around here...can I sent my kids over - LOL??? We need to chat soon....Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely beautiful, Jenny!! I'm so sorry for being a bad blog commenter lately; tons going on at home, but I've finally finished school! Yeah!

    I hope all's well with you and the start of the holiday season xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. AHA! I hunted you down to tell you that you enabled me to buy the doggie with tini stamp set a couple weeks ago and now I get to say - See I know a great card and greagt stamp when I see one.
    Swanky Stamper 3 times, you're my idol!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Jenny this is just gorgeous ... such an unusual Xmas creation. So love this image which you have coloured beautifully.
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE the fleur border with the pearls. Perfect touch! Like the idea of tea cups on a Christmas card. Nice! MLN

    ReplyDelete
  13. So elegant -- so, so...Jenny! The blue teacup with cardinal just MAKES that card. From the ordinary (well...nothing you make is ordinary - but you get my point) to the truly extraordinary. Very, very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is beautiful, Jenny! I love the stacked tea cups and your coloring is just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What can I say but that this card is just soooo pretty! I love the vibrant colors and the classy layout! Just perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely gorgeous! Love those cups, a fabulous design Jenny!

    ReplyDelete