Pages

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Sweet and Simple



A sweet and simple card for today!

Image and sentiment were stamped on Curious Cryogen White - which has a bit of shimmer in the paper and looks sparkly when you look at it in the light.  I colored the image with Copics, I think I did a good job with the bird colors. Normally I turn to google and look up any nature type things to see how to color it... but this guy I mirrored after all the little birds in my backyard. I still goofed, It is a chickadee and I colored it like a sparrow. But I think Chickadees can come in all colors -- so I'm sticking with that story. I made my stitch marks with a fine tip green pen -- before I removed my panel from the Nestie die -- using the Nestie's inside edge as a guide so they would be nice and even. Simply embellished with some ribbon and a small bow -- that's all. I had bold paper and a large image -- so I thought that was enough and didn't heap the embellishments on like I normally do.  I added a little Spica Sparkle to the ornament for some extra twinkle. Finished card size is an A2. All of these stamps on this card are from Impression Obsession, and I wanted to give you guys a big heads up -- Impression Obsession is having their Annual Web SALE!



So use this link and do a little Holiday shopping for YOU!

16 comments:

  1. He turned out great! Very natural looking. You did a great job on the pine spray as well. NICE! MLN

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, the chickadee looks like it could fly right off the paper. Incredible job coloring it, Jenny and the perfect amount of embellishments. Love the DP such a happy festive look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card and your coloring is terrific. Love all the shimmer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love the little birdie! Your coloring is absolutely fab.
    qkk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hiya Jenny! This little birdie is too cute! He is definitely in the Christmas spirit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow ..simple ..but the coloring and design is PERFECT...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing bird Jenny! Just the right touch on this card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh! This is nice and clean, you're right! Love the little details in the background paper (stitches & so forth--great idea!).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow.. I fully expected to read that the birdie was a sticker from a new product line. Your coloring is phenomonal. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh so beautiful, Jenny! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Jenny,
    Very elegant and sweet, love the image.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just lovely. And very birdlike

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely gorgeous! I love what you did with the ornament and the colors are so rich and vibrant!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I immediately thought of a chickadee as your coloring is just wonderful. What a great image, I love it. Pat

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is absolutely gorgeous!!! Your coloring is PERFECT ... fantastic creation!!

    ReplyDelete