Pages

Friday, December 18, 2009

Stamp Simply #118 - CAS, Snowflake!

Today, Sharon issued the challenge to keep it CAS (Clean and Simple) and use SNOW as our theme. Upload your project to Spiltcoast and use the keyword "ssnotime118". Check out all the Challenge Details and see Sharon's creation on her blog No Time to Stamp. ALSO -- Sharon has now employed the services of Mr. Linky on her blog to help us keep up with all of the players! So please play along and link your project with Mr. Linky on No Time to Stamp, Sharon's blog!

Please check out the great samples from the Stamp Simply Challenge today on the blogs of these totally creative designers: Tammy, Janine, JulieAJ, Deb, Jennifer, Barbara, Barb Schram and we welcome Michelle Woerner - as our special guest stamper for December!
---------------------------


I know CAS, Clean and Simple is not something my cards usully tend towards -- usually they can get pretty fussy with all the little add ons. BUT, I think I did good with this card... it has a lot of bling details - but the image, sentiment and layout I think follow the CAS theme fairly well. And another rarity... No Spellbinder's dies and No Copics used on this card!!! OMG! That hardly ever happens!



I stamped my Snowflake twice, cutting the center from the second stamping and popping it up. I stamped the Snowflake and Sentiment in Versamark and embossed with White EP. I added some blue crystals and pearls to dress it up a bit.  Adding a row of them down the side too. I could not resist adding some white stitch marks around the two stamped panels. I used 1/16" White Rainbow Tape to create the small white lines.  Click the pics to enlarge for a better look.  Finished card size is an A2.

23 comments:

  1. WOWee! This is a stunner. That snowflake is sheer delicate perfection! Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card and I love the shade of blue you selected to use and the pearls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's stunning! AMAZING stamping and the colors are simply wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gasp!!! Absolutely gorgeous! Clean and simple??? You and I have a hard time with that . . . LOL! I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous!! I don't think I could call this one simple--just too fantastic!! love all your pearls and gems!! This is quite the beauty that you created!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally beautiful card..love your addition of the pearls. It is a very elegant card. Pat

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, yes, you did good! And it's quite lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful in the blues! Love the gleam of the bling as well! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. very elegant! Love the combo of the gems and pearls together, fab contrast!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOWZA!!!! This is just a beautiful creation Jenny! I love, love, love, all the bling and that snowflake is glam!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous! Love that snowflake and your color scheme.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your colors are so beautiful. Every thing about the layout just fits. You are indeed a Krafty Kat!
    Happy Christmas
    Nancy Hart

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh MY! This is a stunning card! LOVE all the embelishment details!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You NEVER cease to amaze me. Your work is always beautifully done.
    Sharon L

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just stunning, Jenny! Love that monochromatic look!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your C&S snowflake card! Those colors are so soothing to me, and I love the little touches of bling and faux stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is beautiful, what a great snowflake stamp. And you have just the right amount of embellishments to make it elegant, clean and simple.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ooohhhh...this is gorgeous, Jenny! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ooooooo, Jenny! Good thing I was eating a chocolate chip cookie at the time, or my jaw woulda dropped to the floor! WOWZERS! Love the colors...just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your work is ALWAYS so pretty, unique and simply stunning. Thank you for sharing your talents with us.
    Stay well,
    AnnMarie

    ReplyDelete