Pages

Friday, December 4, 2009

Stamp Simply #116 - Tag it!

---------------------------
Please check out the great samples from the Stamp Simply Challenge today on the blogs of these totally creative designers: Julie, Tammy, Janine, AJ, Deb ,Barbara, Barb Schram, Jennifer and we welcome Michelle Woerner - as our special guest stamper for December!

-------------------------
I started with a blank piece of paper, stamping this fun 6" strip of ornaments at an angle on my tag. I colored the tag's top and bottom green and all the ornaments using Copic markers. Quick, easy and fun. I added some small stitch marks around the edges and also backed it with a layer of red card stock.
-------------------------
I went back and added some glitter glue for sparkle. The snowflake buttons I cut the shank off two of them and glued them to my tag using Ultimate Glue. The snowflake on the ribbon... I left the shank on, threading my ribbon through it --- I thought I could add a small cord through the shank too, when I was ready to attach it to my package. I know some of the other ladies are really on top of the Holidays and I bet are showing beautifully wrapped gifts to match their tags.... I didn't have any more gifts to wrap. I am soooo behind, only one present bought so far.... but it is wrapped, thanks to Sharon's Stamp Simply Challenge a few weeks ago that challenged us to creatively wrap a package!
-------------------------
  • Stamps: All Stamps by Flourishes: Christmas Borders, Holiday Greetings
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
  • Paper: Neenah Classic Crest Solar White, Red Card Stock
  • Other: Copics, Gold Gel Pen, Glitter Glue, Misc. Snowflake Buttons, Red Silk Ribbon

21 comments:

  1. love how you threaded the ribbon through the button! I havent much done yet either! YIKES...no baking even.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful tag - your coloring is perfect and I love the layout.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect gift tag! LOVE the angle of the ornaments! And great idea to cut the shank off the button! Wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a wonderful gift tag! This is so fun and i love how you put the year on it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute and gorgeous - Jenny!!! I just put this on my wishlist and as soon as I get I'll have to case this idea...I still need to make a few more tags!!! WTG on the challenge!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very sweet, Jenny! Love all those cute images, and what a neat idea to include the year on the tag!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey sweet Jenny! This is over the top cute! Love that ornament border by Flourishes and you used it perfectly! I love this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. AWESOME tag, Jenny! Love how you colored the outsides green and left the middle white. Man, that looks cool!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a darling and festive Christmas tag -- I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a darling tag. I love the bulbs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's perfect, Jenny! Love how you angled that border!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh, I love it! A perfect gift tag Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jenny, this is tooo cute! Love how you bent the stamp to be more swirly. GREAT IDEA with positively perfect results!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your new card is very beautiful,you are very talented.

    ReplyDelete