Pages

Sunday, December 6, 2009

Sparkly Star - needs a good home.

If you head on over to the Prickley Pear Blog today, you find all the details of how to play and WIN a bundle of goodies (worth over $60.00) by creating something with this star sketch. And... if you keep reading all my ramblings you can find out how to win my Star Sketch Creation!
-------------------------


Please excuse the wonky looking photo editing. I told you in my last post I was not a Florist, coloring flowers willy nilly whatever colors I chose to.... Well, I am pretty sure I would not have a promising career in the Photo Editing Industry either!!!

I have been enjoying playing in lots of challenges lately -- sparking me with great ideas to create new and different projects. I do tend to get in to ruts and follow the same mold over and over. I don't think I have ever made a card shaped as a Star. So it was a fun way to change things up and break the routine!


I chose to do a flat panel with a little ribbon hanger attached to it. So the card does not open - but can easily be added to the tree - which should be full of hand made treasures, IMHO! This will fit in a 6" Envelope for mailing. It is all very simple stamping, simple elements of layering, and of course adding BLING! I loved this sentiment and thought it would be perfect to use for an ornament type card.

Wanna hang this on your tree?
Well, you of course can make your own or you can leave me a comment on this post for your chance to have it show up in your Mailbox! I'll post the winner on Wednesday, December 9th!

29 comments:

  1. Looks like I may be first. Let me be the first to thank you for sharing your art. I would be delighted to have a creation made by you.
    Sharon L

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never made a star card either. Yours is very pretty in the red and white. tfs

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a spectacular star creation! Thanks for the chance to win it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some of your artwork in my home??? you bet I would ..Pick me pick me hahahah
    love it ..
    and shouldnt worry about flowers an colors Im sure nobody notices anything but the beauty
    thanks Diana
    vindina@tds.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this star and would love to hang it on my tree. You make the most beautiful cards! Love your work! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your star! It fits the verse beautifully ... and all your embellishments are great .. pearls, buttons, ribbon. Very unique!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love all of your creations! I have one Jenny Gropp original and would love to have two!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the DP you used on this card..very striking...and those buttons are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. SERIOUS Bling! I love how you decorate your stuff... Great edging around the star, and I like the way the buttons balance each other. You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous!! I would love to hang it on my tree :-) Thanks for the opportunity to win it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is a bit gorgeous! Love it

    Victoria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your star ia s truly a gem. I love all your special touches from the rhinestones to the faux stitching. Anything of yours would always be welcome in my house!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I want to join in the chorus to say that I would be honored to have any of your creations! This is beautiful. Thanks for the chance to win.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, this is really grand. I love how you scalloped every other edge and then added the bling and the dashes. And the red and white color scheme is fabulous. And you are right, that is a beautiful saying. A wonderful star and definitely worthy of hanging on a tree.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely! I don't think I have ever made a star card or ornament either....but to have yours would be very special!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's a lovely star, and Of course I'd love to win it! I like different items for my tree, and this would work perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow what a beautiful star. You do fabulous work.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Jenny,
    Delightful star, I like how you made the edge with one edge straight and the other scalloped, and then added all the textural elements. I love the sentiment and send the wishes back to you.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Jenny,
    Delightful star, I like how you made the edge with one edge straight and the other scalloped, and then added all the textural elements. I love the sentiment and send the wishes back to you.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love that card! There's an empty spot on my tree just waiting for it.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I haven't put up a tree in years as I am never home for Christmas BUT if I were lucky enough to win that magnificent star ornament with such lovely words you'd better believe I'd be out the door to a tree farm in one New York second! Or - maybe to Michael's to find a small tree I could put on my dashboard with your one beautiful ornament to decorate it! Then I'd have it with me wherever I go.

    I bet if you offered up the card below at least 400 people would come out of the woodwork to win it!
    Maybe even a florist!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Nice! Very fresh and "crisp" looking and a great shade of red too.
    qkk

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is gorgeous!! I love the red.
    Hugs,Liz

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is FABulous!
    You won my blog candy! I'll email ya...

    ReplyDelete
  25. What an interesting shape for a Christmas card. I love it!!!

    thanks much

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh My! That is stunning! I had never thought to try and make a STAR card! I would love to be the new owner of this beauty. Thanks for the chance.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Simply Stunning. Makes me want a candy cane!

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is beautiful! I would love to put it on my tree.

    ReplyDelete