Pages

Monday, December 28, 2009

Some Birdy Loves You

I used the sketch from the challenge over at Crazy4Challenges. This valentine's set is from Impression Obsession and from last year's release - but I just got it and had to ink it up ASAP. I love those birdies mixed in with the hanging hearts. I colored all the hearts using lots of Pink Copics. More pink markers were on the table than ever before!!! To create the background I embossed a white panel with the Cuttlebug Folder "Candy Cane Stripe". Then, I added the pink ink with my baby brayer, inking only the raised portions. As always -- my little brayer does the trick and does not get ink in any areas it should not. I dressed my card up with teeny crystals on the hearts, pearls, stitch marks and a little ribbon..... also, all the hearts have a little Spica Sparkle to them and then a coat of Crystal Lacquer. Finished card is an A2.


16 comments:

  1. Very cute Jenny! Love what you did with the candy cane EF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an awesome stamp and you made an "awesome" card...(this is the current little Cole word of the week LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is an adorable card. I love all the details and design. Great Job!!!

    I also wanted to let you know about some holiday blog candy that I am giving away. If you are interested, I hope that you will drop by and sign up HERE.

    Hugs, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you have so much detail in this card it's hard to pick out my favorite parts. That stamp set seems to say it all though, I love the hearts on the clothesline!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I just love this card! I have this stamp and haven't even inked it yet, you have inspired me though!! Hopefully I can stamp something today! Thank you for sharing!
    :)
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE those cute little hearts! Your work is always whimsy and unique. Thanks for sharing.
    Stay well,
    AnnMarie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the use of the candy cane folder! The image is adorable. Great card. MLN

    ReplyDelete
  8. You? PINK??? Methinks Sprinkle practiced sharing bubbly with you in preparation for New Year's Eve!
    I happen to love pink so this is a winner in my book!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is stunning Jenny!! Love the pink and red and all the hearts and birds!! Sweet image and design!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Way too cute Jenny, I love your coloring on the focal image!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a terrific card! I don't even know which part I like best. It all works together so well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, boy, PINK! Jenny, this is an adorable card. I love that stamp and all those pearls and doodles are the perfect finishing touches.
    Hugs, Pinkie

    ReplyDelete
  13. FABULOUS!!! Oh - I love this cute Set!!! You rocked the Sketch - GF!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this one the shadowing around the birds and the hearts is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW!!! What a darling Valentine!!! I just love the sweet image, your beautiful coloring, and all the gorgeous colors and papers!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous card! What an adorable image and I love the way you have it colored. The papers you paired it up with make it absolutely darling!

    ReplyDelete