Pages

Saturday, December 19, 2009

OCC Challenge - Let it SNOW!

Over at the OCC the challenge call today is SNOW. Snowflakes, a Winter Scene -- whatever strikes your stamping fancy as long as it incorporates SNOW! Hope you will play along with us! You can find all the details on the Our Creative Corner Blog! The sample cards from the Design Team were FAB for this challenge! So be sure and check them all out, see the links to all the ladies on my sidebar.

Yesterday's card featured snow too, so I thought I would change it up -- and do something with a snowflake theme -- but using no white. I had all these fun papers with teals and greens that had snowflake designs -- so that was the beginning of my card. Maybe this went a bit overboard, but isn't that what happens so often on New Years! So I indulged with embellishments!



I used Martha's Snowflake punch and silver paper, layering two punched pieces and adding a small epoxy snowflake sticker in the center. The small row of snowflakes is a stamp from Impression Obsession and I fussed those up with some teensy tiny teal pearls. More Epoxy Snowflake Stickers to create the center row -- I have had these in my stash for a good while -- I am pretty sure they were in the $1 bin at Mikes. I added my Happy New Year Sentiment, embossed with Versamark and Silver Detail EP. Finishing things off with a five loop bow... I used a silver coated wire to make the bow - allowing the tails to keep some curl. Final card size is 5 1/2" Square.

16 comments:

  1. Wow, Jenny! These colors are fabulous. I love all your snowflakes and other fun add-ons - overboard is totally awesome on this card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a terrific card, Jenny. The colors are delightfully refreshing and I love all your exquisite embellishments - nothing better to indulge in, right? Thanks so much for another fun challenge!

    Christmas {{{hugs}}}to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a beautful card! I love the color combo! Thanks for a really fun challenge!
    CindyB

    ReplyDelete
  4. These colors are wonderful and truely represent!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous, Jenny! My husband saw it when I opened your site and he said he really like it and the colors!
    Hugs,
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh oh oh *pitterpat* Extraordinary colors and beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jenny, that is a very cool retro looking card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful!!! I love your snowflake card!!! The colors are rockin'!!!

    Hope you are not going bananas these days?!? Happy Holidays!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a fab color combo...awesome creation, Jenny!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun and bright layout Jenny! I LOVE the colors and pretty snowflakes!

    Thanks for the wonderful challenge! Merry Christmas, Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Be still my heart -- these colors together are my absolute FAVS! How could I not love this card to death! I'd even sleep with it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the fun modern feel to this card! Love the shiny silver too! It's awesome! Thanks for the challenge, Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card! Wonderful colors!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What cool DP, perfect for frost snowflakes. Love the layout and all the embellishments. Great bow!

    ReplyDelete
  15. How lovely, Jenny, and thanks for sending the photos too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just stunning, love the festive mood the colours portray.
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete