Pages

Saturday, December 5, 2009

OCC Challenge - Inspiring Music....

This week the OCC has a Musical Inspiration Challenge to get your creativity jump started. I am the challenge hostess for December - Please visit the OCC and play along! You can find all the details of the challenge on the OCC Blog. But here are the basics.... My idea was to use this verse from "The 12 Days of Christmas" song to inspire.... anything goes and it does not have to be Holiday themed.
On the twelfth day of Christmas,
My true love sent to me...
Twelve drummers drumming,
Eleven pipers piping,
Ten lords a-leaping,
Nine ladies dancing,
Eight maids a-milking,
Seven swans a-swimming,
Six geese a-laying,
Five golden rings,
Four calling birds,
Three French hens,
Two turtle doves,
And a partridge in a pear tree!

Also, there is a prize up for for grabs on the OCC Blog for participating in this week's challenge... a $25 Gift certificate donated by Prickley Pear Rubber Stamps!
-------------------------------------
For a close up view on the
OCC's great projects for this week please visit the OCC Ladies on their blogs -Silke Ledlow, Jennifer Meyer, Joycelyn Turner, Cindy Burgess, Dana Grothaus, Linda Coughlin, Lori Rider, and Wendy Janson. And.... this week we also have a guest designer my talented blog pal Carol Cabezas.
-------------------------------------

I think it's pretty obvious which line inspired me for this creation. I googled "partridge" to see what colors they are supposed to be, but images came up with them in all colors of the rainbow. So not knowing the "correct" coloring.... I picked my DP and colored my birdie to match!
After I finished my card I showed the husband, usually I get a some sort of *smart* comment from him about my cards -- wondering why I can sew a button cards but not on his pants.... something of that nature. I showed him my Partridge and he said and I quote.... "You should have popped the bird up, he kind of blends in the tree". Apparently, sometimes... I guess he actually pays attention! WHO KNEW he even knew the term "popped up"!!!
-------------------------------------
-------------------------------------
Now enough gibber jabber.... on to the card.... I stamped the image in Memento Rich Cocoa and colored everything with Copics. I added some airbrushing to soften the background. I used a gold pen to highlight the solid image leaves. I also outlined some portions of the stamp with a dark brown Fine tip pen, to help them stand out. My ribbon was originally beige and red, but I changed it to green with a Copic Marker, love doing that!!!! Final card size is 4.5" x 6.5".

22 comments:

  1. Really pretty card, but I have to give Anthony the nod - it would also be great if the bird was popped up! lol Way to go, AG! I'm sure he knew this from following your blog on FB!!

    Hey, you sure are wordy today....you should keep your posts shorter... ;-p LOL

    Great job! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, Jenny - that image is gorgeous and you colored it so wonderfully! Thanks for a fun challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jenny

    I LOVE it!!!! Our piano recital was just postponed due to a blizzard mega snow dump so I might get to this challenge today after all. I've put about 35 hours of sifting and sorting and pitching garbage into the estate and I'm taking today off to spend with my kids and put up our tree.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very beautiful card. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved this challenge!!! I love your card too. I was laughing at your husband's remarks. So funny! Your card is beautiful. Can't wait to see what the challenge is next week. Off to check...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgoeus inspired card - Jenny!!! The image is really cool and you made it look perfect!!!

    Thank you for a fun challenge!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  7. TOTALLY Gorgeous card, Jenny! It's so you...I love it! Thanks for the challenge...it was! What a helpful husband you have...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the rich cards on this one Jenny. Creative combo of colors and DP!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow!!!! That image is GORGEOUS and your coloring is PERFECT!!! What a FABULOUS creation!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jenny, your card is just beautiful! You are awesome at coloring with the Copics!
    CindyB

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your card and your colors!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's still not too late to please The Husband and pop up the birdie. However, how can one ever criticize a single card that you do. They are all so inventive, creative and gorgeous. So YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning design and image Jenny! Your coloring is beautiful - LOVE the close-up!

    Thanks for the fun challenge this week - but it still kicked my butt!

    Have a fun weekend ~ Hugs, Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such a fun challenge, and I hope I can squeeze in some time to play! It's that time of year when things get hectic! I had to snicker at your DH's comments - I've had similar experiences with my DH in that line too, but it is funny to hear them use the terminology! LOL I think the coloring of your bird is fabulous and I love how you put the oval sentiment on top of the main image! Awesome design!

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOL! (About your hubby) Love the partridge and teh design is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anthony was right! Imagine that! But, I do love your color job regardless. Lovely card AND image. MLN

    ReplyDelete
  17. Girrrlll, this card is top notch! I love your coloring! All those elements together are just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great coloring, Jenny. The partridge is cute! Love all the layers and the hand colored ribbon.


    Sue P Stickville

    ReplyDelete
  19. Terrific challenge, Jenny! I had a lot of fun with it! Your card is amazing. I love the image and the colors and coloring are fab. Great work - I always LOVE visiting your blog and being inspired by you!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh, this is another stunning card and what a clever challenge. Will have to see if I can play along. Love that Basic Grey paper, Wassail is a favorite collection of mine. I think you have colored your partridge perfectly, a wonderful card.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love this card - wonderful stamp and wonderful coloring. Of course I am picturing the bird popped up on pop dots, but there you go! ;-)

    ReplyDelete