Pages

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

A little Hedgehog Lovin'

NEWS, NEWS, NEWS.... I am joining a new Challenge Team full of fresh and fun challenge ideas.... The Belli Challenge Blog Team! What is the Belli Challenge you ask? Every two weeks, they issue a challenge that will use things we all have lying around our stamp rooms! With a constant flow of new things coming out, We tend to forget about the other things we have and they quickly become clutter! Please join in the challenge and link up using Mr. Linky back on the Belli Home Page, use keyword "CBC81" if you are posting on SCS or PCP. Please be sure to visit the other Belli girls' blogs and see what they have created this week (links to their blogs are over on my right sidebar)!
-------------------------
ALSO -- The Belli Challenge is looking for a few new members to join the design team! If you're interested in applying, please check out THIS POST over on the Belli blog. Submissions for the design team are due by January 3, 2010 - I hope you'll apply!
-------------------------



This week's challenge call was to use TAGS -Belli Challenge #81. I incorporated four little tags on my card... featuring Penny Black's cute little lovin' hedgehogs. This was a quickie.... stamping in Memento and coloring with Copics. I punched each one out and added an eyelet to the tag's top, threading a little embroidery floss though it. I added a simply stamped sentiment and then wrapped some ribbon around the sentiment panel, finishing it off with some threaded buttons. I didn't pull out the needle, just threaded the floss through and left them hanging out to dangle! Of course, I had to had some pen stitch marks...over all a quickie color job and quickie layout! Finished card size is an A2. I have only wrapped two presents for Christmas -- YIKES, hope no one else out there is like me... a total procrastinator!

  • Stamps: All stamps are by Penny Black: Clear Set "Every Which Way" # 30-008
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
  • Paper: Curious Cryogen White, Red
  • Other: Swiss Dots CB Folder, Tag Punch, Red Ribbon, Misc. Buttons, Embroidery Floss, Copics, Black Micron Pen, Eyelets

18 comments:

  1. Such an adorable card - love those little hedgehogs! I know AG is going to love getting this card ;-) Great job and WELCOME to the Belli team - so happy to have you with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card- I love hedgehogs, too. You have me beat on presents- I have 0 wrapped- yikes

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just tooo cute, Jenny...I love your little Hedgies and all that perfect stitching!!!!! We are soooo thrilled you joined us on the Belli team!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not a hedgehog fan but boy, this sure is cute! Nice coloring job too. MLN

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute card! I love the way each little hedgehog is a little different. Pretty coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way too sweet, I love those little hedgehogs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love it! love it! Love it!!! Love how you have used lots of little tags! such a fab card!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jenny, what a wonderful addition you are to our group!!! I love your tag card.....it's got so much RED!! (I love RED!). Those tags are just darling with the little hedgies! Great Valentine!! Merry Christmas, new friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the new challenge team, they are lucky to have you. this card is adorable, I love Penny Black images and this is perfect. And what a great saying, just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. "a total procrastinator!" That's ME - big-time - oh, YES! Aside from that little confession, I just love PB hedgies, and her words, so this card is utterly adorable! Wouldn't have thought of putting each one on a tag - probably because my little tag punch is hidden away...... I need a keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable! I hope you have a rockin' time on your new team!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jenny, this is precious!! Love the little hedgy stamps and buttons are fabulous and great job on the doodling!!! Super Cute!!! Merry Christmas!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is just the CUTEST, Jenny! LOVE LOVE LOVE the red and the hedgies and the hearts, and the sentiment and embellishments are - as usual - perfect! Congrats on the new DT, too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE this Jenny! It's totally adorable! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Jenny, LOVE THIS CARD! I just asked about the maker of the sentiment in an email. OOPS! Guess I didn't scroll down far enough. HEHE! I will try to find that set of clear sentiments. Hugs, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations Jenny! LOVE the card and design, can't wait to check out the challenges.

    Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Totally cute and cuddly little guys and love the design too!

    ReplyDelete