Pages

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Ice Skatin'


I am the "Guest Stamper" over at the Belli Blog today! This is a great challenge spot for all you challenge junkies out there! The challenges focus on theme, products, great ideas and the blog is packed with inspiring creations! So click on over there, check it out and play along -- they also have a DT call posted! Today's Belli Challenge was about "Flourishes" - Belli Challenge #80.... could be a stamp, paper, embossing folder.... whatever you have in your stash that has Flourishes! Thanks to the ladies at the Belli Blog for having me!!!
------------------------
------------------------
I started with my CUTE little skatin' penguins from TCP.... and decided I wanted blue and white as my colors... a Winter color scheme, which also fits with the TCP Tuesday Challenge for this week So here's the run down..... I colored with Copics, airbrushing around the skaters.... adding layers of Nesties and fussing them up with little doodle stitch marks. The sentiment I trimmed out using the brackets in the image as a guide.... and again more stitch marks. I created those first.... then I made the background. I knew I was going to use the CB Swirly Folder and the Flourish Chip Board piece.... I embossed the white background panel with the CB Folder, then I inked it using my tiny baby brayer --- I brayered over the raised portions using Versamark ink. Then I used Embossing Tinsel and heat set it. Embossing Tinsel is kind of like EP and glitter mixed together. The glitter kind of melts in with the EP and it stays put. On the chipboard piece I first brayered it with White Pigment ink, then added the Embossing Tinsel. In real life this is really sparkly and catches your eye.... in the pic, the glitter kind of looks like dirt. LOL! Figures!
  • Stamps: All Stamps by The Cat's Pajama's - Penguin Christmas
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Onyx Black, Versamark & Embossing Tinsel, White Pigment
  • Paper: Blue DP by Making Memories, Neenah Classic Crest Solar White
  • Other: Copics/ABS, Spellbinder's Labels Four, Black Micron Pen, White Gel Pen, Silver Gel Pen, Gingham Blue Ribbon, Bow Easy Tool, Gems, CB Swirls Folder

22 comments:

  1. LOVE this card! That image is adorable and the airbrushing is perfect. Thanks for being our guest designer this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, Jenny, this is so super cute! Love the penguins and the colours on this card are fabulous! Love all the sparkle too!
    Hugs, Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun card...blue is the perfect color for an icy snow day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenny - this is FANTABULOUS!!! Love the sparkle - the penguins, ribbon...oh I just love it ALL! Thanks for joining us as the guest dt!!! We hope you enjoyed yourself too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is adorable! Great composition. I always wonder what to do with my chipboard swirls. This is a great way to work it onto a card. MLN

    ReplyDelete
  6. ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE.
    qkk

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty and cute at the same time-love the image and your coloring. tfs

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG, Jenny...what a darling image and I love how you tucked the flourish behind the sentiment....such an awesome design!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm lovin what you've done with the peguins. So cute! Pretty florishes all over, too. Colors are perfect for skating weather - cool and crisp.

    Sue P Stickville

    ReplyDelete
  10. This such a cute card! Those penquins are just adorable.
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  11. How adorably CUTE! You did a wonderful job airbrushing - I thought you sponged it on! Love the colors you used here, and I love the glitter on the chipboard flourish and your swirly embossed background. What an awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow, the blues on your creation are just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You're so talented! Wish I had your mojo!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely Adorable!! Love the little penguins.. Great job on the air brushing and I love your doodling!! Thanks so much for joining us as the guest dt this week here on the Belli Challenge.... :o)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on your guest DT spot and another beautiful creation! Haven't seen a baby brayer, yet...bet it comes in handy.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What an adorable card!! I love your coloring, and the flourish just adds to the fun look! Thanks for joining us, Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats! What a stunning work of art!! I am loving all the layers and colors! So wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats! What a stunning work of art!! I am loving all the layers and colors! So wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  19. So darling -- LOVE that big flourish and your fresh blue and white!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is such a cute card, love the flourish.

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a super cute image! I love your layouts Jenny. After reading your latest post about how you rearrange things over and over, I can appreciate them even more. This is really gorgeous! Best, Curt

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love how you added this chipboard and ribbon on this cute card Jenny...!

    ReplyDelete