Pages

Monday, November 23, 2009

Tulip Thanks!

I pulled this sketch from the Crazy4Challenges Blog. This also works for the Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge (FTTC43) - to make a Thank You or Christmas card. I know I just posted a card with this Tulip set last week, but it was still on my desk and I just loved coloring it up last time... such a pretty image, I had to ink it up again. The tulip is colored with Copics, and I added no borders, doodles or airbrushing. Opting for a clean embossed edge on the image panel. I did add a hint of "sparkle" to the flower with a Clear Spica Pen.
-----------------------
-----------------------
The long Ivory panel in the background was stamped with the Swirly Flourish Image from Ornamental Elements in SU's Bravo Burgundy ink. I used a Martha Stewart Border punch for the decorative edge. I added a strip of the DP to border the punched edge, also using 1/16" Black Rainbow Tape to edge each side of the DP strip. I added some adhesive Black metal dots to embellish. I rounded the corners of the card to match the round edges of the punched border. Finished card size is an A2.

18 comments:

  1. That's a very striking choice of background border! Beautiful coloring, as always...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is so dramatic and beautiful..love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenny, his is yet another masterpiece you've created here. Love the colors and your coloring wow's me every time!!! GORGEOUS!!! Hugs, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elegant and sophisticated. Great coloring, too. No doodles? WHAT?? It's still a great card.

    Sue P Stickville

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jenny,

    I love this soft tulip image and the colours you used and all the different elements. This card definately has WOW factor!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love this card the colors are so pretty and all the details great job as always
    Hugs
    Norine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is just lovely! The rich colors, clean embossed edges and beautifully layered panels make for one very pretty creation!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card - that tulip is one of my favs, too. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! What a dramatic card. Love the contract of colors. The border punch is perfect! I love that tulip too. MLN

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so pretty!! Love the tulip!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Quite LOVELY! Your artwork style is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous! Love the colors and the swirls.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very elegant card, love the bold background paper and the white and black set it off perfectly. That tulip is divine and your coloring is perfect. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. so elegant! Just LOVE the colour combo

    ReplyDelete
  15. THUD!!!!! I think I just fainted Jenny! This is BEAUTIFUL!

    Hugs

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful design. All of the elements work wonderfully together. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete