Pages

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Stamp Simply #113 - Make it like a Matchbook!

Stamp Simply #113 - November 13th- Matchbook Fold Cards "ssnotime113" - Today's challenge is all about being creative with a Matchbook Fold. Incorporate a simple flap fold that your main panel tucks in to - mimicking a matchbook. Upload your project to Spiltcoast and use the keyword "ssnotime113". Check out all the Challenge Details and see Sharon's creation on her blog No Time to Stamp.
---------------------------
Please check out the great samples from the Stamp Simply Challenge today on the blogs of these totally creative designers:
Julie, Tammy, Janine, AJ, Deb and Barbara, also Barb Schram (Barb is filling in for a bit for Jennifer) We have Bethany Paull with us too - as our special guest stamper for November!
---------------------------
Poochie is high spirits with his over sized Pomegranate Martini! This is one the new Fun images TCP just released in the "Make Merry" set. I airbrushed around the Nesties and used Copics to color the images. I paper pieced Poochie's Swanky Dinner Jacket and added some extra red polka dots for some extra Holiday Flair! The red background piece was embossed with the Cuttlebug Fleur de Lis Folder.


The main image panel tucks into the bottom little folded flap, I embellished the edge of the flap with the Spellbinder's Fleur de Lis Border die, only showing a portion of it over the edge. I added some dots around the Nesties and some stitch marks with a black Micron pen. I added Liquid Laminate over the Martini Glass with a little glitter around the edge to jazz it up a bit. Finished card size is an A2. This also works for the TCP Tuesday #84 Challenge this week, to make a Holiday Card.

20 comments:

  1. Oh, my goodness. Love this one! Lots of detail and special Jenny touches. TCP - take notice!

    Sue P Snellville, GA

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh I think I see new toys on this card! Hmmm wonderful details and love the shading around your main image!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is cute! It made me smile when I saw it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Jenny, and I love the colour combo.
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, fabulous Jen! And you're a Copic Certified Designer? How cool is that! Does that mean they'll send you extra and you can pass them onto me? *grins* Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is just over the top cute! I LOVE this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You make the best cards!! Love this guy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! A kit card! I want to have a pom martini with him! Love all the detail and embellished flap. GREAT job. MLN

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute, cute, cute, and so delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. He's so studly! Love it. And I love all of your red and white bling on the matchbook closure.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is beautiful Jenny!! I love your colors and layout!!! The red is so rich with the addition of the white bling!! Too cute!

    Have a great weekend!!

    ~Chris

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great kit card! Love his debonair look with that paper pieced smoking jacket!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such an adorable card...love the martini, looks so real! Have a great weekend, Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodness, this is cute! I love the darling poochie image and your use of the curly label punch for your matchbook closure. Great detailing, Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my word, how totally COOL is that card! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. adorable!! love this!! and that fun image!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a smile this brings! He is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've been looking for you, couldn't remember where to find you when I saw this card on the Cat's Pajama's slide show. I love the way you used the dog and martini. Isn't he a riot.
    Oh, I finally found you when I checked out the OCC challenge.

    ReplyDelete