Pages

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Shake it, Baby!!!

The DT for Impression Obsession has two challenges a month and we create something with the chosen theme and then share it on our blogs. Today's theme is Shaker Cards.

Please check out these links to every one's blog to see what the Impression Obsession DT ladies created for today... Deborah March - Dina Kowal - Julie Koerber - Kathy Menzies - Kelli Richardson - Laura Fulcher and Shirley Ross.

You are all invited to enter your creations for the Challenge and any future challenges we have too. A gift certificate is up for grabs to sweeten the challenge! Please check out the details of how to play along and win on the Impression-Obsession Blog .

OK, I won't lie to you.... This is only the second shaker card I have ever made in my card making years. Yes, only the second one. But with these new little shaker pouches from Impression Obsession, I have to say I am looking forward to making more. These little pouches make it EASY, I mean really EASY. Click on the pic to see them better. They come in all shapes and sizes and do coordinate with Nestie Sizes for easy framing. Each little plastic pouch has a small adhesive strip on the edge, you just fill it with whatever you want to shake, remove the adhesive and waaah-laaa. Done. Brilliantly EASY.

So I colored my little snow girl and snow boy with Copics, just lightly coloring in the sky and leaving the ground and snow white. I added White Fun Flock in my shaker pouch... soft looking like snow. I did however run in to an issue.... Static, OMG!! my fun flock was sticking to my little plastic pouch everywhere, clinging on like I glued it down. YIKES! Hmmmmm.... I got an idea, every once in awhile that happens, lol!! I got a Fabric Softener Dryer Sheet -- rubbed it over my plastic pouch, then refilled with my fun flock. It worked.... no static!!!! Oh, I was so happy!!! And.... now my card smells Oh, So Linen Fresh!!!

I used two Nesties to create a frame for my Shaker Pouch, one circle and one Scalloped Circle. I used my Japanese Screw Punch to add little holes in each scallop. I embellished the frame with Embroidery Floss and pearls. I was so excited that my Dryer Sheet trick worked, and how cute these little pouches were --- I forgot to add some bling to the Snow Girl's flower on her hat!!! I guess that one idea sucked the rest of my brain function away!!! ALSO -- if you shake the snow away from the bottom, the image will reveal a little red heart! Finished card size is 4.75" Square.

19 comments:

  1. Jenny, OMGosh, tis is such a fun little card. I love your layout and colors...so fun!!! Thanks for the tip with the dryer sheet. I have never ade a shaker card before, but it looks like thee little pouches are making it easy!! Hugs, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am never disappointed at your art! This is just lovely and pretty and so shakeable fun and gorgeous!!! I came to get your photos lady!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, that embroidery floss sewn around the scallops is so beautiful, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww sweet!!! I thought you said you weren't into the sewing, hmmmm? *grins*

    ReplyDelete
  5. So adorable! Can you believe I've never made a shaker card . . . LOL! This is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for showing me these cool shaker thingies. I've only made a handful of shaker cards, too. Just too much work. But yours turned out WAY adorable.

    Maybe I'll give the old shaker technique a new lease on life, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love shaker cards Jenny, yours is so pretty, I love your pearls.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card. BUT..... I can't believe you didn't show us the little red heart!!!!!!!!!!!! Bummer.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this card! If I happen to be out of the shaker molds, I save the clear plastic package that my red double sided sticky tape comes in. It is perfect for a shaker card. I can't wait to try to make a shaker card using fun flock!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Jenny!! This is such a wonderful shaker card...love all the tiny pearls!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love how you accented the little snowmen..very out of the box!

    ReplyDelete
  12. very sweet! Love how you have used the ribbon, and the peral detail! Fab card!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the floss idea..another use for my Japanese screw punch! How sweet to put a little heart under the snow!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this card. It gives me so many ideas. Where do you get the Shake Its'?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love what you did with the red scalloped circle! Great combo of colors. MLN

    ReplyDelete
  16. Jenny, not only does this look FABULOUS, but that image is so so sweet looking (a must have now) and i really like how you colored them and how they stand out nicely with the light blueish colored background...Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a beautiful creation! I love it. That stamp is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Jenny, I love your snowmen shaker card. It is beautiful; don't mean to over use the word. Your embroidery floss and pearls are wonderful. What is a Japanese Screw Punch???

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oooohhh.love love LOVE it Jenny!!!!

    ReplyDelete