Pages

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Hanging Ornaments

The paper collection "Winter's Song" from SEI is still hanging out on my cluttered desk. So here is another card using this cute ornament trio image from Prickley Pear Stamps. I stamped the ornaments three times, embossing with Silver Detail EP and Versamark, on different pattern paper, cutting them out and reassembling the trio together. I added a little shading to get some darker color tones with Copics and also colored in the flowers with a Copic. I added Bling and Pearls to dress them up, and I used my clear Spics to add a little sparkle. I also paper pieced some of the pattern paper over the envelope flap -- the holly images on the DP I used feels like felt. Very cool to touch and feel!


When I set my eyelets I threaded the silver cord "through the eyelet" before I set it -- so it would appear to actually be hanging. I secured the strings at the top with a red brad. To create the multiple score lined frame around the edges of the ornament panel.... I just randomly embossed lines, over and on top of each other using my Scor-Pal.
---------------------------------
I did a very similar card using this image a little while back, but I used Copics to color it instead of paper piecing, wanna see it -----> Click here!

14 comments:

  1. Mmm, do you get tired of hearing your stuff is gorgeous??

    ReplyDelete
  2. The detail of those ornaments is amazing. Perfect to emboss in silver! I love a trio of ornaments on a long card. MLN

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep - GOR-JUSS again, and again, and AGAIN!!! Your Scor-Pal'd embossed lines look just like the ceiling molding in my living room! So beautiful, so inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous!! Love those ornaments and all the detail!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another pretty! The silver embossing ads just the right touch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Jenny, I LOVE the silver embossing and hanging ornaments!

    Have a fun week ~ Hugs, Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful Jenny! Love the bling on the ornaments and the way you set the silver cord through the eyelet, a fabulous design!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning, beautiful, gorgeous, YUMMY!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! Love how you used the silver cording.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful card. Those ornaments look so real. Love the richness of them.
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just beautiful Jenny! I actually have used the Spellbinders die that these stamps go with.. but don't have the stamps! Hhhhmmmmm... might need to go shopping! :-) Love the blue and red together -- it just pops!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just some stunning detail -- really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete