Pages

Saturday, November 28, 2009

OCC- A Sketch Challenge

This week the OCC has a Sketch Challenge to get your creativity jump started. The OCC girls knocked it out of the park this week -- all the designs are so awesome!
-------------------------------------
-------------------------------------
For a close up view on the OCC's great projects for this week please visit the OCC Ladies on their blogs -Silke Ledlow, Jennifer Meyer, Joycelyn Turner, Cindy Burgess, Dana Grothaus, Linda Coughlin, Lori Rider, Melissa Young, and Wendy Janson.
--------------------
--------------------
I am late posting my OCC card, I am late to everything, so if you know me -- I am sure you are rolling your eyes right about now! I was watching a little TV last night eating a big salad for dinner..... intending to have some dinner and then hop up to the craft room to create. Ummmm... I woke up this morning. The husband threw an afghan over me and it was all over. I was toasty warm and never woke up. So.... waking up in a panic this morning and tearing off to the scrap room...this is what evolved. Folks always ask me -- how long did that take to make. Usually I have no idea as I just kind of mess around on cards and go back and forth working on projects. But having a clear start time this morning, and my only focus was on this card.... from "idea" to "finished card" was about 50 minutes. Luckily it was a sketch challenge this week -- sketches are the quickest challenges usually for me to work with... your layout is already there -- you just have to build you card around that idea.
--------------------
--------------------
I stamped the BEAUTIFUL doves from Flourishes and since this was the small dove image from the set- it was a quick color job with the Copics. I added the sentiment under the doves, stamping with Bravo Burgundy ink from SU. I created the two hanging elements with a little airburshing and Nesties, popping those up with some foam tape and stringing them up with a little gold cording. I had this Basic Grey paper from the Wassail Collection on my desk, and I thought it ended up being a very good pairing with the image. Finished card size is 5 1/2" Square.

18 comments:

  1. Happy Saturday - GF!!! He,he,he - I had to laugh...because you never woke up from your nap...don't you just love it...and then the panic attack - LOL!!!

    Your 50 minute card turned out GORGEOUS!!! I love how you used the smaller image from the Dove Set and the punched out ornaments - very clever!!!

    Have a wonderful weekend!!! Miss ya!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you certainly work well under pressure. This is gorgeous. Love the rich background paper and the words in the ornaments are perfect. Very clever and quite stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh! It is totally unfair that you can pull something so beautiful together in no time! That would take me 1/2 a day! It's beautiful, Jenny, and I envy the talent!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this just might be THE perfect Christmas card...love how you put the date on it!!! Gorgeous, Jenny!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely Beautiful Jenny!! I Love how you did the sentiments!

    Hugs

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a beautiful card, Jenny! Sleep becomes you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was wondering what happened to you! I think you took that 'waiting til the last minute' a little too far this time!! Gorgeous card in spite of, or maybe because of, the panic attack!! You can blame your nap on all that demoing you did yesterday....and those raisins...;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, this is so beautiful!! That sketch is terrific.
    Have a great weekend,
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  9. A very clever way to use nesties!

    Gorgeous and very creative! 50 minutes....now that is talent!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Jenny,
    Your card is absolutely stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OOooo, me likey. Nice coloring on the doves. Love your choices for the "ornaments" and DP. Great card.

    Sue P Stickville

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely beautiful! So so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning card Jenny, I LOVE the birds and pretty elements of your card!

    I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just beautiful! I love your take on the sketch this week!
    CindyB

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely gorgeous Jenny! A fabulous sketch design!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So elegant. Great design.
    Hugs
    DesireHugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!!!! Gosh, what a sweet hubby you have to throw an afghan over you and keep you all cozy like that! LOL! Lucky duck! :-)

    ReplyDelete