Pages

Saturday, November 21, 2009

OCC Challenge - A Fall Color Challenge

This week the OCC has a Fall Inspired Color Challenge to get your creativity jump started. Use the colors: Close to Cocoa, Pumpkin Pie, Chocolate Chip and a Neutral color - such as White/Ivory.


For a close up view on the OCC's great projects for this week please visit the OCC Ladies on their blogs -Silke Ledlow, Jennifer Meyer, Loretta Lock , Joycelyn Turner, Cindy Burgess, Dana Grothaus, Linda Coughlin, Lori Rider, Melissa Young, and Wendy Janson.
-------------------------------
Another busy creation evolved from this challenge.... The image is a a collage type mix of elements on a tag stamp - called "Wonder Tag" from Prickley Pear. I used Copics to color the image. I stamped my image twice, using the second stamping for additional layers to pop up over the original stamping.

I wanted to add some extra leaves, so I just trimmed a few out with my craft knife from my second stamping.

They are too tiny to try and mess around popping them up using foam tape. I use PergaKit 3-D Glue for a project like this. It is a silicone type glue and very thick, allowing me to position the small leaves at an angle. The glue will dry in and my leaves will stay in place at an angle. I squeeze a little glue out on a scrap piece of paper and use a toothpick to apply it -- just a dab will do the job, and the toothpick lets you grab just a tiny dab and control exactly where and how much is being applied. Then the toothpick is trash. No fuss, no mess.

I also colored a second flower and trimmed it out, removing some of the petals completely, so it would not be an exact copy of the flower underneath. You can see underneath the petals - I have used the PergaKit 3-D Glue here as well -- the silicone will dry and each petal will stay at exactly the same height it was when I first positioned it. It is totally clear drying.
------------------
In the background of the card base, you can see I used a Cuttlebug Folder to emboss and then brayered brown ink over the raised portions, using my bitty baby brayer. I glued the lace underneath the tag. I added my sentiment with a little bit of Pumpkin Pie Ribbon through eyelets, and some buttons to embellish. Final card size is an A2.
---------------------------------
I have had several emails about how I use the PergaKit 3-D Glue -- I hope these tips and pics help to answer any questions! You can also head over to my pal, Jerri Jimenez's Blog and find a tutorial on how she used the PergaKit Glue on her amazing Thanksgiving project.
--------------------------------

15 comments:

  1. Oh My Goodness, you do such incredibly detailed work! I love how this turned out with all of the little extras! That lace around the edge looks so pretty! Nice job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card must've taken hours, it's beautiful! Thanks for all the detailed pictures, it really is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Is it about the same strength as EP6000, or is it a completely different beast?

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOOH Jenny!!! This is outta the park AWESOME!!! GORGEOUS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A craft knife and those itty bitty leaves, eh?!! You are dedicated to the details, and I can respect that!!! That glue stuff looks cool too. Well, during cold and flu season, the close up makes me think of more questionable things, but at that point you can just kick me in the hiney and send me on my way!!!

    Jenny, this card is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! Jenny, this is totally stunning. It looks like you put a lot of love into this card

    Hugs

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the Perga Glue tutorial. It DOES help, big-time, to see all the close-ups. A side note: I am such a cheap skate about not wasting (even with TWO tubes of the stuff) that I've been sticking my toothpick into the tube, rather than squeezing a dab onto scrap paper. Duh.......

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card is just breath taking!

    I love the detail and all the pictures, you know some of us need that !

    Really a true piece of art!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jenny, did you see this comment on Jimenez's blog about clear glaze: "using a glaze. I used a product called Triple Thick that I purchased at Michael’s. It’s somewhat tricky to work with, but I like it better than crystal lacquer. It dries with a crystal clear wet look, like nail polish, leaving no bubbles." Maybe that's the answer to the clear coat stuff you love that is no longer available.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card Jenny, that 3D glue looks like fun! LOVE the gorgeous design and the pretty lace in the background.

    Hugs, Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is absolutely gorgeous Jenny! Love the layers and elements you used here!

    Thanks for stopping in at my blog, I appreciate your visit and nice comments : )

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wowzers Jenny, this is stunning! Love the gorgeous colors, a gorgeous Fall card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, Jen, this is spectacular and just my colors. Very cool stamp and I love how you added dimension to it.

    ReplyDelete