Pages

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Glitter the Globe!

Living in Georgia, sometimes our only hope for a Winter's snow is a snowglobe. But that's ok with me. The white stuff is pretty, but I could never live up North. Way too cold for this Georgia girl!!!
This waterglobe is from Impression Obession. It is a fun image, with the opportunity to glitter and glaze the globe. I paper pieced the bottom of the waterglobe and dressed it up with two rows of red bling, so easy to add the bling like this when they come in the adhesive strips. I stamped the image on Neenah Classic Crest Solar White, then used Copic W1 to tone down the whiteness of the background. I colored the inner circle of the globe using Copics too. I don't like using loose glitter on my projects as I seem to end up wearing it for days after. I have a little mixture in a small airtight container of Ultra Fine Glitter and Crystal Lacquer. So no glitter flying around! I used a toothpick to add little spots of glitter floating in the waterglobe and applied it where the snow spots were. After adding the glitter - I coated the entire globe with Crystal Lacquer. When it dries it looks like the glitter is suspended in the Crystal Glaze. Easy, peasy and me and the cat remain glitter free! The rest of the card is layers of paper and I punched out photo corners to add here and there. The red and green pattern DP is from Basic Grey's Boxer Collection. Finished card size is an A2.
----------------
Also, the 2009 Fall and Winter Supplement from Impression Obsession is now available for you to download. It has lots of amazing card samples shown using the new stamps. Little 'ole me has two cards on the cover... How did that happen??? One of them is using the same waterglobe stamp I am showing on my card today. You can use this link to look at the catalog or download it if you would like to.
Click here ------> 2009 IO Winter Supplement
  • Stamps: All Stamps from Impression Obsession - Snowy Tree Globe #D8285, Let it Snow #B8145
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Red
  • Paper: DP by Basic Grey - Boxer Collection, Neenah Environment Ivory, Neenah Classic Crest Solar White, Red
  • Other: Copics, Red Mini Crystals, Photo Corner Punches, Crystal Lacquer, Ultra Fine Glitter, Bella Dots Embellishments

14 comments:

  1. Beautiful Snow globe card. I also live in GA and love a day or two of snow.

    SallyW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card--really like your paper choice for the background!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty, Jenny. I'm going to try mixing glitter with laquer. Thanks for the tip. Congrats on making the cover of the catalog. Its well deserved.

    Sue P Stickville, GA

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, the colors are so pretty and I love the bling.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on being a "cover girl", you deserve to be featured! This is a wonderful idea with the glitter in the crystal lacquer. My husband fusses when I use glitter and asked "why do you get to play in glitter and I wear it everywhere for days?" (He may be sending you thanks).

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you made the snow globe, beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another totally gorgeous card! So glad you posted early and I can get it on the blog too. Love this lady!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This beauty will brighten someone's day! It's outstanding!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your glitter globe- it puts me in the christmas mood! Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love that globe card!!! It is beautiful. I think I will try it and just draw mine globe in. I do love that card and was very inspired by it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful Jenny! (I wish I could send you some of our Canadian snow!! lol)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really nice card - and it's a kit card to boot! Way to go!

    Robin K near Stickville, GA
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete