Pages

Monday, November 16, 2009

Fancy Birthday Tulips

So many of the images from Flourishes Stamps are so perfect to really show off coloring. This fancy tulip was begging for my Copics! The image is only one flower, after stamping it one time, I masked it using Eclipse tape and stamped it again, overlapping the two flowers slightly. I added some soft airbrushing around the edge -- while my stamped panel was still snug in my Nestie - allowing me to keep the nice white border around the edges. I added a little jute string bow, and yes it was hot off the craft desk when I took the picture --- you can still see my glue. I used Ultimate Glue as I always do to adhere my embellishments, It dries completely clear. I struggled with the colors on this card until I added the black in to the mix.

20 comments:

  1. Oh my...how beautiful are these tulips!! One of my most favorite Flourishes image (I think the first I ever bought!!) Your coloring on them is just amazing, Jenny!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As the lucky recipient of this card I must say I love it! You have become a master of copics. Thanks again for a wonderful card! MLN

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card-gret coloring and I love the double stamping of the image. tfs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card - that's one of my favorite Flourishes sets and you've colored it perfectly. And two birds with one stone - Miriam's kit and Miriam's birthday - nice job! Hate I missed seeing it in person.

    ReplyDelete
  5. GOR-JUSSSSSS. I approve. Super-duper A+++++ (LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful!! I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous way to use the tulip...never thought of making into a fall card but sure will now.
    I need to get busy as DD's birthday is Friday of this week. Thanks for the cool idea I think I will steal it. Pat

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice reminder about the power of a neutral color to tie things together! Really beautiful, Jenny.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The contrasts on this card are very dramatic and pretty...love how you did the scallop border.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card Jenny, luv what you did with the nestie!

    Peace and Luv,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW! Your colouring is stunning on this super elegant card Jenny! Love the colours!
    Hugs, Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooh, so pretty! Love the warm, vibrant colors and your Copic work is stellar!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jenny,
    Your card is stunning and your coloring is just perfect. Just the right color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wowzers! Love your coloring on those flowers. Looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh my goodness. i looove the flowers!! they are amazing and soo pretty the way you did them!! CT

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW! This is stunning!
    Your coloring totally rocks.
    Fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my gosh!! Jenny this is just so elegant and gorgeous! I have this stamp set and you have really done it justice!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a gorgeous Birthday card. Love the autumn colours.
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete