Pages

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Create-a-Wreath!

The DT for Impression Obsession has two challenges a month and we create something with the chosen theme and then share it on our blogs. Today's theme is Wreaths.
---------------------
Please check out these links to every one's blog to see what the Impression Obsession DT ladies created for today...
Daniela Dobson - Deborah March - Laura Fulcher - Dina Kowal - Shirley Ross - Julie Koerber - Jeanne Streiff and Kathy Menzies.
---------------------
You are all invited to enter your creations for the Challenge and any future challenges we have too. A gift certificate is up for grabs! Please check out the details of how to play along and win on the
Impression-Obsession Blog .
-----------------------
So here is my Wreath card. Using No Copics!!! What!!!! That's right - -just simple stamping on this one! I created the wreath by stamping the Cover-a-Card Background Stamp "Greenery", inking up the stamp with two different greens to add a little shading. Next, to cut out the shape of the wreath I used two Scalloped Nesties, holding them in place with a small piece of tape so they did not shift.

After creating the base of my wreath I sponged a little of the darker green ink around the outside and inner edges to take away the bright white. After that,it was all about the decorations.... winding a gold string around the wreath, adding some gold half pearls and the red glittery embellishments are called "Bella Dots" from Stamping Bella.

The sentiment is flat against the card base. The wreath is popped about 1/4" high, using a product called 3-D Perga Glue. (A silicone type product, but for paper crafting, it allows you to "suspend" floating things like butterflies or flowers, or in this case raise them up. The red corners of the card are two inch squares that I cut in half, using a triangle shape to piece in each corner. Of course I could not resist some white stitch doodles around the edges. Final card size is 5 1/2" Square.

30 comments:

  1. The wreath is such a great idea. I have those nesties, but I never thought of making a wreath. Love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jenny,
    Love how you used the Nesties to make the wreath. Beautiful card and the finish touches are superb!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful card! I love your creativity and it looks like a perfect Christmas wreath with the pretty tinsel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful wreath and doesn't really seem that difficult after reading your desciption!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMGosh, Jenny, this is just perfect! You are really a whizz with the Cover-A-Card backgrounds. Wow! I love every bit of it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty...I do that sometimes with my matting and reuse the centers..if I am ambitious. Love all the decorations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this is so clever! Love this idea! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome idea! Another very clever creation using a background stamp.. BEAUTIFUL work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fantastic idea for a wreath! I'm going to have to try this one day. Your card looks great (even without copics!)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How clever is this! Thanks for sharing the technique. I probably wouldn't have thought about doing this with patterned paper!

    ReplyDelete
  11. BEAUTIFULLY done Jenny! That's my favourite of all the new background stamps too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A beautiful wreath Jenny, love your traditional Christmas colors, just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A beautiful wreath Jenny, love your traditional Christmas colors, just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Jenny! I've been MIA from blogland for some time - I've peeked in here and there, but not left comments, barely managed posts to my own, etc. You are still creating FABULOUS cards, I see! This is truly beautiful, and what an easy way to make a stunning wreath! Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Jenny, OMGosh, this is just pure BEAUTY!!!! Love the colors, the wreath... it is all so gorgeous!!!! I think I'll have to CASE this idea from you, they sure would make awesome Christmas cards for special people ;D. Hugs, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  16. Another winner, Jenny! Your creativity never ceases to amaze me.... Do you buy your 3-D Perga Glue at Ecstasy Crafts???

    ReplyDelete
  17. Absolutely gorgeous. Love the colours, design and the little details that finishes it off beautifully.
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great idea! Super wreath. MLN

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very fun! I love how the patterned paper gives this such a fun feel! And... who could forget the bling! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Girl, you are a genius. Everything is perfect. Just stay in the light. Do not go to the dark side!
    The crafting world would roll up in a ball and quiver. HAHAHAHA!!!
    Sharon L

    ReplyDelete
  21. I laughed when I read the "no Copics" comment. I feel the same way. Love your use of the Nesties!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my, Jenny!! The wreath you created is just amazing!! LOVE IT!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow, Jenny, this is so clever and very beautiful. And of course, you had to doodle, it is what you do! Wonderful card.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ah Jenny, what a treat, thanks for showing us how you did that wreath, really like how you winded the gold string and added the embelishment! Great layout too! makes that wreath stand out nicely! BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fabo take on the wreath theme - Jenny!!! Love your wreath - very pretty!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is so cool, I've been wanting to try something like this for a while! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love your card - the wreath is fabulous, and I am always happy to hear about new products that are also USEFUL products, like the 3D glue!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love your wreath idea and it is so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I won, I won, hurrah. Random.org finally picked me. Thanks for the great inspiration, Jenny and for nudging me to join the challenge. Now I get to SHOP!

    ReplyDelete