Pages

Monday, November 2, 2009

Christmas Mojo

I headed over to the Mojo Monday Blog today and played with today's sketch #111 to make this card.

I embossed the image with Gold Detail EP and Versamark, then I used Copics to color in the letters the open flowers/leaves. I used Copic W5 to airbrush around the edges of the image. On the red panel in the background I used the Holly Leaves Cuttlebug Folder to add a little texture, even though it mostly covered up. To create the sparkly frame: I used skinny Red Line Tape and lined it along the edges of my Square panel. Then I dumped some red micro beads all over the sticky portions and pushed them in to the tape so they would really adhere well. I still had some tiny empty spots in between the mirco beads that showed the white paper, so what could I use to fill in teensy little bare spots? I pulled out the Ultra Fine Gold Glitter! I did the same thing that I did with the micro beads, dumped it on the edges, and mushed it in to the sticky tape so it got in to all the cracks and tiny bare spots. It filled them all in perfectly. I think I went a little dark with my airbrushing, so to brighten the edges up again, I added some white 1/16" Rainbow Tape to create the inside border around the beaded frame, adding a little gold accent in each corner.
---------------------------
---------------------------
I brought out the bling next, using different sizes of red Crystals to accent the middle of each flower. I had some Poinsettia Flowers from Prima, I airbrushed two flowers using Copic Garnet, and layered the two red flowers over one white flower. The Prima Poinsettias also had glitter incorporated with the flower material. So this is very sparkly in person!! Combined with the gold DP in the background and the Gold Embossing -- this is a "loud" card. Final card size is an A2.
  • Stamps: Merry Christmas Cluster #LM808648 by Inkadinkado
  • Ink: Versamark and Gold Detail EP
  • Paper: Gold Holly Leaves by K & Co., Red Card Stock, Neenah Classic Crest Solar White
  • Other: Copics, Red Micro Beads, Ultra Fine Art Glitter #65 Old Gold, Red Line Tape, Poinsettia Flowers by Prima, Gold Accents, White 1/16" Rainbow Tape, Cuttlebug Holly Leaves Embossing Folder

9 comments:

  1. Very pretty, very festive! You got you mojo going for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is not a loud card...but, a very gorgeous, rich looking card!

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a gorgeous card! I love the red, gold, and sparkle!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely! Bet the bling in person looks great! MLN

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super mojolicious card - Jenny!!! Awesome take on the Sketch!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  6. very cute. Please check out my blog for blog candy. stamperontheshore.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete