Pages

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Stamp Simply #110 - It's hip to be Square

Stamp Simply #110 - October 23- ssnotime110 - Today's challenge is all about Squares. How ever you want to create it - But you have to keep the elements of your card square, no ovals, circles, no rounded corners..... Upload your project to Spiltcoast and use the keyword "ssnotime110". Check out all the Challenge Details and see Sharon's creation on her blog No Time to Stamp.
---------------------------
Please check out the great samples for the Stamp Simply Challenge today on the blogs of these totally creative designers: Janine, Julie, AJ, Tammy, Deb and Barbara, also Barb Schram (Barb is kindly filling in for a bit as Jennifer Buck takes some much needed time off — enjoy your break, Jennifer — we’ll miss you!) and we have Amy Rohl as our special guest stamper for October!
---------------------------
OK, this is not a scene you would see passing by my window! LOL!!! If I had baked a pie, believe me, I don't think it would have time to make it to the window to cool! Isn't that what the Ice Cream is for?? To cool it down??
I kept it square and clean and simple, for me anyway! I thought the image had enough elements in it that I did not want to fuss it up, adding only some silky ribbon to embellish. I colored everything with Copics, cutting it it out and embossing the edges with a Square Nestie. I added the gold silk ribbon, using a slot punch on the left side to bring it through the panel, and then using my Bow Easy tool to tie the little triple loop bow. My favorite thing to use for bows has to be silk ribbon, it cinches down so beautifully to knot in the middle. Finished card size is 5" Square.

22 comments:

  1. Jeny,wow, this is GORGEOUS!!! Love those colors and the coloring, well, stunning!! :D:D. Hugs, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice, Jenny. Yummy, in fact. This card has a warm and homey feel. You must have been in domestic godess mode.

    Sue P Snellville, GA

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun Jenny! I absolutely love this image and how you colored it up! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm giggling at the ice cream comment! Love the background paper you chose--perfect complement. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ah you always have the best DP to show off your images!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How yummy...that DP is just perfect...would love to see your stash. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great design and of course ice cream is made for hot pie cool downs. Sweet! Pat

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW this is adorable Jenny!! Love this image and the carmel color palette is perfect! What a yummy creation! Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so nice! It could be my grandmother's. I can smell the pie now. Thanks for the inspiration.
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  10. I take my pie with whipped cream, please? LOL...lovely card, Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, Jen, I love this card, these are my kind of colors. Love your choice of DP and embellishments, perfect balance. And you image is colored to perfection. Not gonna find a pie here either!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, yeah, bring on the ice cream ;-) Love this Jenny, especially your color palette. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love what you have done with the ribbon, so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous Fall design! My husband's on an apple pie baking kick! Love your special ribbon detail here!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this Jenny!! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Look at that gorgeous ribbon and yummylicious apple pie! Mmmmmmm! Beautiful card, Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the way you used ribbon on this card.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous. Love how the ribbon brings the whole design together.
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete
  19. Everything gels so well--the ribbon, pp and that image, so perfectly colored!

    ReplyDelete