Pages

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Stamp Simply #109 - Gatefolds

Stamp Simply #109 - October 16- ssnotime109 - Today's challenge is all about gatefolds. How ever you want to create it - Gatefolds are cards that fold in from each side, meeting in the middle, so it opens like a gate. The folds don’t have to be symmetrical, your opening can be off center if you like. Upload your project to Spiltcoast and use the keyword "ssnotime109". Check out all the Challenge Details and see Sharon's creation on her blog No Time to Stamp.
---------------------------
Please check out the great samples for the Stamp Simply Challenge today on the blogs of these totally creative designers:
Janine, Julie, AJ, Tammy, Deb and Barbara, also Barb Schram (Barb is kindly filling in for a bit as Jennifer Buck takes some much needed time off — enjoy your break, Jennifer — we’ll miss you!) and we have Amy Rohl as our special guest stamper for October!
---------------------------

My card stock is 8" long -- I scored my folds at 2" and 6" - did they meet evenly and exactly in the middle..... NO! Did I fret? NO! I just found some pretty ribbon to cover up! This Bo Bunny Paper made a gate fold easy as it is heavy card stock and also double sided. I did do an insert for the middle panel which you can see in the opening. A simply stamped sentiment and a few little buttons and stitch marks to complete it. This is a simple one and a bit heavy on the color aqua! I used thin red line tape to adhere the ribbon, then on the edges of the ribbon I added a dab of clear drying glue so the edges would not unravel from the clean cut. Also I used Ivory embroidery floss and just ran the tip of my Copic over the floss to add a little color but not cover all the strands with ink-- leaving me with the multi-color floss. This challenge call was a great nudge to create a fun card!

  • Stamps: by Papertrey Ink
  • Ink: Versafine Sepia Brown
  • Paper: Neenah Peppercorn, Bo Bunny DP
  • Other: Buttons, Embroidery Floss, Martha Stewart Edge Punch on the inside panel, Brown Micron Pen, Misc Ribbon, Red Line Tape, Copic Airbrushing, Spellbinder's Label Die

26 comments:

  1. Lovely colors and DP...and that sentiment is so pretty! Great card Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your simple and my simple need to have a talk, I think. ;)

    BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. GORGEOUS, rich and luxerious come to mind, when i look at this card, Jenny! Great job! really like how you used the ribbon in combination with the pattern paper on the gate opening of the card! :) FUN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, my friend. Love the colors and the sentiment is perfect with all tbuttons, ribbon and stitching. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous Jenny!! I love the colors!! Have a fabulous weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just stunning Jenny. And that sentiment is precious. The whole creation reminds me of a monochromatic persian carpet.
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty, Jenny! I LOVE that gorgeous shade and your fun center ribbon treatment is perfect -- LOL!!! Beautifully done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the aqua! Nice composition. MLN

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card Jenny - that paper is stunning and I love the sentiment you used on the front panel! The buttons are such a perfect touch!
    Hugs, Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it, love it. I need to do some gatefold cards, they are always so unique. Love the colors.
    qkk

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just beautiful! So Elegant!! Love the gorgeous colours and the ribbon detail!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous colors, and I love the buttons, lace and scallops together!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the color aqua and the dp is beautiful. Love the sentiment. Pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous, rich color and design! So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so pretty! Love the color.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such lovely colors together. I haven't made many gatefold cards since I'm usually mass producing birthday or holiday cards for the hospital.
    I spoke with my 1yr old Grandson in Atlanta today and
    he said "HI" but with a southern accent Hehi?
    I can't wait to get there again... maybe the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Jenny, this is stunning!!!! I love the elegance of your card!

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  18. So beautiful and elegant. I love the buttons and lace

    ReplyDelete
  19. Jenny - this gatefold is BEAUTIFUL!!! Love the colors you used on it!!! Hugs ~S~

    BTW - I had to play along too :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oooo what a beautiful creation! LOVE your choice of color and those buttons are the perfect touch! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, this is a great card, Jen. I love the aqua, one of my favorite colors, especially with winter coming up. It was in the 20's here last night, lots of frost this morning, want some, lol. Back to your card, love the multicolored bow and the buttons and ribbon are the perfect finishing touches. You go, girl! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  22. LOVE it, Jenny!! Gorgeous color and I love what you did with the floss!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Pure gorgeousness!

    Peace and Luv,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful design, Jenny! I love all your details, and the colors are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is just too fab Miss Jenny! I LOVE the colors you picked and those buttons are just too fun for words! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete