Pages

Thursday, October 29, 2009

SNOW!

I have been wanting to play along in Mercy's Sketch Challenges that she puts out every Tuesday and finally I got one done in time! This is Tuesday Sketch Challenge #45 <---- you can click on this link to go see the sketch and all the details
on Mercy's blog.
I used part of an image from a Whipper Snapper Stamp, the scene also has a little house too, but I just wanted the tree and snowman. The sentiment is from TCP, it is a clear stamp, so I was able to curve it on my acrylic block so that it fit inside my circle design. I airbrushed the background. The tree is colored with Copics and I also added a layer of Spica pen to give it a little sparkle. I used Liquid Pearls to create the snow. Instead of applying the Liquid Pearls directly to my paper, I put a blob on a piece of scrap paper, then I used a toothpick to just pick up a little bit allowing me to be able to make smaller and larger snow dots. Also, this eliminates the possibility of an accidental large "plop" from the squeeze bottle. We've all had that happen, right?! I used a toothpick to poke and dab at the layer that I put down for the ground snow. I didn't want it to be smooth and shiny, so I gave it just a minute or two to start drying, then went in and added some texture. I added some punched out snowflakes, doodles and some ribbon to embellish. Finished card size is an A2.

16 comments:

  1. This is so cute, I love this image. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snow? Beautiful card!! Has it ever snowed in Atlanta?
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Precious... love your paper selections!!!

    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really cute card. Love those colors and your liquid pearls snow is excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute snow scene! Love the pearly snowflakes. And the border looks like icicles - very nice!

    Sue P Snellville, GA

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a soft and pretty winter card, Jenny!! Love the colors and the border is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely adorable and as usual, I love all the details and layers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the curved sentiment! Great color scheme too. MLN

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How sweet and adorable Jenny! Love your snowman!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super cute card but I'm not ready for that flaky white stuff just yet. Pat

    ReplyDelete
  12. jenny...this is so fun! great focal panel...love that little scene with the added snow fall! i also love that border punch, and the lovely dp...love, love, love this!

    thanks for playing along with my sketch for this week...you've done an amazing job! :)

    {{{hugs}}}
    mercy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh this is just darling. I like the colors, snowman and the fun layout.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic card, Jenny. I love everything about it. The color combo and the gorgeous sparkly snow.
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete