Pages

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

One Sweet House...

The DT for Impression Obsession has two challenges a month and we create something with the chosen theme and then share it on our blogs. Today's theme is WINTER.
---------------------
Please check out these links to every one's blog to see what the Impression Obsession DT ladies created for today... Daniela Dobson - Laura Fulcher - Dina Kowal - Shirley Ross - Jeanne Streiff and Kathy Menzies .
---------------------
You are all invited to enter your creations for the Challenge and any future challenges we have too. A gift certificate is up for grabs! Please check out the details of how to play along and win on the Impression-Obsession Blog .
---------------------
I have been itching to ink up this sweet little gingerbread house, finally the time was right! I stamped in Memento Rich Cocoa and then used Copics to color. I airbrushed the sky in the background. I created some falling snow in the background just by touching my blender pen to the paper and removing color in spots. It's more pronounced in person than you can see in the picture. I added some simple jute string to embellish and a few crystals -- I didn't want to over do it, since I had lots of color and a busy background too. I also matted the white to a final layer of kraft card stock that is the card base, but the white overlaps on the sides -- kinda different.
  • Stamps: Gingerbread House #G1750 by Impression Obsession
  • Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa
  • Paper: Red, White, Kraft, DP by Basic Grey
  • Other: Crystals, Copics/ABS, Jute String, Bow Easy Tool, Corner Rounder

18 comments:

  1. Love your choice of background paper for this--really brings everything together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally adorable Jenny, I love Gingerbread houses and Gingerbread men

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is soooo cute and beautifully done - Jenny!!! Perfect gingerbread house!!! Love it!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too cute Jenny! Glad to see your night of coloring worked! ;-) Have a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Jenny, this is just so cute! I love what you did with those eyes, the heart, the tree!!!.....I love all of it, as usual!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this is a ton of coloring! I love gingerbread houses! Wonderful and festive...I am ready to dig out my Christmas decorations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that gingerbread house. Looks good enough to eat!! Really yummy christmas card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute gingerbread house and your coloring is perfect with that DP.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable house and love the coloring job. Perfect with the BG DP! MLN

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous Jenny. Makes me think of ginger bread/biscuits.
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sweet is right! The red fiber is the perfect finishing touch!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, I am so proud of you, you did not make it PINK! Jenny, this is adorable, I love the soft red and teal, a great combination. It has the perfect amount of embellishments as you are right, it is a very busy stamp. Great job, hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very cute! I love it, esp the color combo!

    Did you see my card for today? I used the bow easy! Let me know what you think!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Too darn cute for words!! Your colors are perfect for this image!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I could just eat this house up! You've made it jump out of the page.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Jenny this card is FULL of SWEET details, that image is amazing - and you did a wonderful job coloring it! Really like how you airbrush the background and remove color to create the snow! NICE JOB!!! :) I got a chance to participate for my very first time in this IO challenge (i was so happy with the new IO stamps I got! thanks for the encouragement coming from seeing them on your blog! :))

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stellar job on coloring this image! It looks almost real. Must have taken forever, but the results were well worth it. Love the way you created the sky and falling snow! And you used more of the embroidery
    thread. I think I'm going to have to borrow that idea from you. It seems very vintagy - LOL!

    ReplyDelete