Pages

Saturday, October 31, 2009

OCC Challenge - Vintage....

This week our hostess, Lori Rider, is challenging us to create something with a Vintage Flair. Use something vintage, or vintage-inspired, on your card or project. Raid your drawers for old buttons and trims, an old tag or photo, or anything else you find.
-------------------------------
For a close up view on the
OCC's great projects for this week please visit the OCC Ladies on their blogs -Silke Ledlow, Jennifer Meyer, Loretta Lock , Joycelyn Turner, Cindy Burgess, Dana Grothaus, Linda Coughlin, Lori Rider, Melissa Young, and Wendy Janson
-------------------------------

-------------------------------
This is one of my favorite stamps, the edges of the wood are black and ink stained. The rubber will never be red again.... it is one of my "go to" stamps.... meaning, it always works for me! My friend Miriam introduced me to this image and all the possibilities it has -- you can color the dress, paper piece, embellish.... so many choices.
I kept it kind of simple, paper piecing the dress and embellishing with a silk ribbon bow (white silk ribbon, colored red with a Copic Marker) and a gold metal piece. All of the DP is from Graphic 45 and I didn't want to clutter it up too much, allowing the background piece of paper to be seen.
-------------------------------
-------------------------------
I used Spellbinder's Labels Nine, as my base to stamp the dress, then gluing my cut out polka dot dress over the original stamping. I sponged Black ink and Brown ink around the edges. Then I also airbrushed a little yellow around the edges as well to help kinda make it feel a little more aged or "vintagey". I highlighted some of the creases with a red Copic on the dress too, as well as adding a tiny hint of sparkle using a red Spica pen on the polka dots. I trimmed one additional layer from a Hounds tooth Patterned paper to finish the stamped center piece. Final size is 6" Square.

20 comments:

  1. You rock the vintage look! This is so very pretty! I love that stamp and all your details are just gorgeous!

    Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, this is gorgeous, Jenny. That stamp is amazing and I love how you paper pieced it. What a fabulous vintage look you achieved!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, so gorgeous! I have that stamp and have only used it once. It's one of my favorites too! Love your vintage card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Jenny, this is a stunning stamp and card! The dress is so amazing and I love how you've paper pieced it and added the beautiful bow! Gorgeous paper too!
    Hugs, Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, kiddo, great job on the vintage look! You executed it superbly! That bow is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect combo of vintage dress with vintage paper. The scale of the polka dots is perfect too. LOVE it. MLN

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is lovely! It's easy to see why it is one of your go-to stamps! BTW, congrats and can't wait to see what you do with Flourishes stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card Jenny! I've never seen that stamp before and you are the master of papers! Beautiful job! Your creativity is astounding!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wowzers!! JENNY....This is over the top fantastic!!! I So love it!!!!

    Great job Girlfriend!!!

    Thanks again for the Congrats!!

    HUGS~ LORi

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous Jenny! I started drooling as soon as I saw it!! I have always loved that stamp and it is one that I don't own so I always enjoy seeing what others have made with it. That Graphic 45 paper is beautiful too! I have some, but haven't had the nerve to cut into it yet! Really great job on the vintage challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it! the main image owrks so well with the background paper! I have that stamped, but I love how you have used it to create such a gorgeous vintage feel! I am feeling inspired!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. omg. now that is adorable. its perfect! love the papers, especially the background and the dress. so cute! CT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my, your card is so beautiful! I love the dress image!
    CindyB

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh i LOVE it!!! How perfectly vintage...that bg paper is FAB!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Jenny - I can see why you like this stamp so much - it's is gorgeous and so versatile!!! You rocked the challenge my friend!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  16. You always seem to have the perfect papers and embellies for your cards! Amazing as always!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello there,

    I have a inquiry for the webmaster/admin here at www.splitcoaststampers.com.

    Can I use some of the information from your post right above if I provide a link back to this site?

    Thanks,
    Thomas

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi,

    I have a inquiry for the webmaster/admin here at www.splitcoaststampers.com.

    May I use some of the information from this post right above if I provide a backlink back to your site?

    Thanks,
    Jules

    ReplyDelete