Pages

Saturday, October 3, 2009

OCC Challenge - Inspiration and Imagination

Welcoming in a new month and new OCC Hostess for October: Lori Rider. Lori has issued an Inspiration Challenge. Create a card or project finding inspiration and using your imagination from one or both of these pictured journals by Monique Duval.
--------------------------
For a close up view on the OCC's great projects for this week please visit the OCC Ladies on their blogs -Silke Ledlow, Jennifer Meyer, Loretta Lock , Joycelyn Turner, Cindy Burgess, Dana Grothaus, Linda Coughlin, Lori Rider, Melissa Young, and Wendy Janson.
--------------------------

So this is what I came up with..... My background paper is from the Basic Grey Collection "Indian Summer". I used a clear floral swirl stamp to create the background, stamping in Versafine Sepia Brown on the DP and then outlining the stamped images with a gold gel pen. Since it was a clear stamp I was able to bend the image/reshape the swirl on the acrylic block so each stamping did not look exactly the same. I used Spellbinder's Labels Nine to frame my quote, outlining the edges with a micron pen and Copic Markers. I then stamped a little of the floral image around the edges as well. I mounted the quote on a piece of gold card stock that I embossed with a Leaves Cuttlebug Folder. Keeping it rather simple and letting the quote and bold colors speak for themselves, I only added three little pearls to embellish. Finished card size is an A2. I don't know if my mojo has returned - but I had fun making this card - and that's what this hobby should be about! Happy Weekend!

21 comments:

  1. Oh Wow, this is just gorgeous and I have that paper and I think those label dies. Thanks so much for this idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card and perfect for the challenge. Love how you outlined in gold - very nice touch! Excellent job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenny, I love it! I think Indian Summer was a no brainer for this challenge. I needed a no brainer because I'm fairly certain my brain fell out my left ear yesterday at the grocery store, and I can't be bothered to go back and get it! *snort*

    See, you just needed an 8 hour nap! Told ya so!!! na ner na ner...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous, Jenny!! I totally love everything about it - the colors, the textures, the design. It looks like your mojo has returned on steroids!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! That sleep served you well. Your card is gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice! Love the outline in gold pen and the swirls on the sentiment! MLN

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! The colors, the layers! Wow! Great quote, too.

    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thought I would take a break from painting and read a few blogs...so glad I did as your card is gorgeous...such rich and warm colors. Love how you added the white to set off your colors. Unexpected but oh so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. *sigh* This is gorgeous, Jenny...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jenny, this is so, so beautiful. Your paper, sentiment, frame, and stamping are so perfect - just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your creatioin is just outstanding! What great details, so glad you pointed them out.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous layout Jenny, I LOVE the warm colors and glow!!

    Enjoy your weekend... Hugs, Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very classy card, the colors are great and I really like the way your used the swirls.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Jenny,

    Love your card, very elegant, and I like how you highlighted the floral swirl with the gold pen.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card and blog! I'm really enjoying all that you have to share.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am so loving this!!! It's sooo gorgeous! You are so super gifted! I love all the detail you put into this! When I grow up, I wanna stamp like you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh,your card is just beautiful! I really love the paper you chose!
    cindyb

    ReplyDelete
  18. Super gorgeous - Jenny!!! I thought I'd left a comment the other day...but I guess not - sorry GF!!!

    This is a really cool take on the journal - love it!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete