Pages

Saturday, October 24, 2009

OCC Challenge - Hallween Frights

Our hostess for this month, Lori Rider, has a fun challenge for us this week: Make a card/project inspired by your favorite scary (or Halloween-themed) book or movie. Of course, you can pull out those Halloween images, but if you end up going with another occasion, that's great, too! We just want to see where your imagination takes you. Don't forget to share where you got your inspiration!
-------------------------------
For a close up view on the OCC's great projects for this week please visit the OCC Ladies on their blogs -Silke Ledlow, Jennifer Meyer, Loretta Lock , Joycelyn Turner, Cindy Burgess, Dana Grothaus, Linda Coughlin, Lori Rider, Melissa Young, and Wendy Janson
-------------------------------

I pulled inspiration for my card from Edgar Allen Poe's "The Raven". I printed the poem out on card stock to use as my home-made DP. The branches and bird are from Inkadinkadoo. I embellished using just some buttons topped with pearls. I masked the moon using Eclipse tape, then airbrushed the background of the stamped panel. I also added some sponging around the edges using black ink. Finished card is an A2. I think my card turned out more bleak looking than Frightening!

  • Stamps: All stamps by Inkadinkado - Delicate Branches, Item #: LM808974
  • Ink: Versafine Onyx Black
  • Paper: Neenah Classic Solar White, Black, Grey, Printed Poem
  • Other: Buttons, Pearls, Copic Airbrushing, Eclipse Tape

26 comments:

  1. Oh Jenny, this is really sophisticated and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny, I totally love this card. I love how you did the Poe quote. I had not thought about printing out the words to things to use as background paper. How very clever. Thanks for the idea. Love that stamp. It is bleak but it is very Halloweeny too. Great job.
    tonilea

    ReplyDelete
  3. great card! what a unique way to make the background paper. very spooky! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew just what your card was from, Jenny!!!!! I have a lit degree and had to study gothic writing for one of my courses. TOTALLY COOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great! Love how you masked the moon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just perfect for this challenge...an elegant and artful card!!! BEAUTIFUL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your card! I really like that you used the poem as the background paper!
    CindB

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your card-great inspiration. It would also be neat using a Christmas theme. Maybe a tree image with the words to 'Oh Christmas Tree' printed out. tfs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very clever to make your own DP - I was going to ask where you got that! How cool!!! The possibilites are endless with that idea!

    I think this is full of freight and delight!! Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi GF - this is one gorgeous designed card!!! I don't think I know this particular poem, but I surely love where your clever mind took you!!! Big hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card, Jenny! Love that you copied the poem for your paper. C-L-E-V-E-R!! I like the effect of the sponging. Great as always!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous card, Jenny! Love that you copied the poem for your paper. C-L-E-V-E-R!! I like the effect of the sponging. Great as always!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card. Poe is so creepy, perfect for Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome card and design Jenny - you rocked the challenge! LOVE your scene and wonderful homemade paper.

    Have a fun weekend, Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I LOVE this Jenny!! The way you printed the poem for the BG paper is phonomenal. The image is perfect for this design too! You really nailed this challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Amazing card. The use of the poem for background paper is just awesome. I love your image and the way you embellished it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this...cool font you used on the poem too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Jenny, this is absolutely STUNNING!!!

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  19. i thought this was great - all the text really makes it wow!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful card, I love this technique. I tried making my own agedmusic sheet DP last week that turned out well. Your card makes me want to try actual text next. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love this! Great idea to print out the poem. MLN

    ReplyDelete
  22. Everything, but bleak looking. This is so artistic and creative using your own personalised patterned cardstock. Just love the image and monochromatic feel to this.
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete