Pages

Saturday, October 17, 2009

OCC Challenge - Color Challenge


This week our October OCC hostess, Lori has issued a color challenge: So grab some paper, get some stamps and join us! You don't have to have these exact Stampin' Up colors -- use what you have that is close enough to fit the bill!
------------------------------
For a close up view on the OCC's great projects for this week please visit the OCC Ladies on their blogs -Silke Ledlow, Jennifer Meyer, Loretta Lock , Joycelyn Turner, Cindy Burgess, Dana Grothaus, Linda Coughlin, Lori Rider, Melissa Young, and Wendy Janson
-----------------------------------
This was a tough color challenge for me, but in the end I always enjoy the challenge and the nudge to do something different. Using the same colors, it amazing to see how different our creations turned out, depending on what colors we emphasized.
-----------------------------------
I reached for my TCP stamps-- knowing that they always bring a smile when I use them, and the second reason is they are fun and versatile.... Not knowing what direction this color combo was going to take I knew something from TCP would work. And it did, of course.
I just made a quick and fun little card. Cuttlebugging the two background panels and adding a few stitch marks and a few layers of card stock - card base is done. I colored my little cowboy with Copics. I added just a little under shadow using Copic W1. I lightly airbrushed a little E02 Color around the edges of my Nestie and also on the sentiment to take away the white brightness. Also this was a close match to the Blush Blossom Color, so I was trying to bring a bit more of it in. This was the challenging color for more -- greens, browns -- oh Yeah! Those colors are right up my alley -- throw a shade of pink in there and WHOA -- I have to think about it! The layers of Blush Blossom card stock on my card all have roughed up edges! I had to rough it up and distress it a tad -- it is a cowboy card!! Finished card size is 5" Square

23 comments:

  1. Cute card, great use of the colors and the twine! tfs

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun card, Jenny...I love the buttons and twine...looks SPECTACULAR!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenny - this is cute as can be!!! Perfect idea and use of the colors!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is adorable and I love the cuttlebug background, I think I need that one now. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW .. super fun creation! Awesome job using these colors! I hope I get the time to play along this week! Thanks for the inspiration!! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the color combo and the CB folder adds just the right texture! MLN

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are really delving into some new colors here, aren't you? What you had trouble adding pink, ack! This little roper is adorable and I love the jute on the buttons, really ties in the lariat. Just a very sweet card that some little dude would love to receive. Great card, Jenny.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great challenge card, Jenny. That little guy is so cute and I love your use of the hemp and buttons. This color combo has really grown on me, especially since seeing all the great cards the team came up with!

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous! Love the twine detail!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Heehee, this is so cute! Love the rope effect!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Funny, I immediately loved the color combo when I first saw it, but I totally missed that it was blush blossom, I thought it was ivory...I can see where that would add a twist!! Nice job, your little guy is adorable and the stitching, jute and wood buttons are perfect touches on this, your first UKK card ;-) Not to be confused with yuck by any means... ;-) Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adorable card Jenny! I've never seen that emboss folder...I love it! Great card! Hope you have a more peaceful and enjoyable week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jenny, oh my word, this card could not be any cuter!!! I love all of the details you've added. This is so you. Absolutely stunning!!! Hugs, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super cute card! I love the twine!!! It is sooo boyish! Love it!
    CindyB

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is just great - I love your cowboy and the buttons and twine! It seems like everyone found one of the colors hard to work in, but not always the same one. LOL. I can see why the blush would be tough on this card! ;) But I really love it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Totally adorable Jenny! Love the cute image, a fabulous design.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is just beautiful and such a great take on the colour challenge. Love the textures on it.
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete
  18. oooh I do like this, those colours are yummy

    Victoria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  19. He is so adorable with that rope!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am a big fan of your use of ribbon/twine and buttons! I adore the way you used the twine and buttons on this card! Absolutely divine!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Super sweet card Jenny, LOVE the image and the fun twine accent with buttons!

    Have a wonderful week, Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Really cute! Love this image, the buttons and especially the twine!
    Simone

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the layout of this card, the image is cute too. You have such great cards, thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete