Pages

Sunday, October 18, 2009

The black cats are on the prowl again....

Prickley Pear Rubber Stamps has started a new sketch challenge this week. I am thrilled to be working as a Guest Designer for them, I have really fallen in love with this Halloween release. I also have gotten a glimpse of things to come... and let me tell you-- there are some fantastic designs on the way! To kick off the Sketch Challenge they are having a contest -- Create a card using the sketch and you will be entered to win a grab bag of 25 unmounted stamps! You can find all the details on the Prickley Pear Blog <-------- click here
I know I have been on overload with Halloween cards -- what can I say?? I just have fun with them! And of course -- I do have a little favoritism going on on when it comes to kitty cats, especially black ones, like my bad little cat Peppercorn. I flipped the sketch on it's side and used buttons for the three square details. When I saw the wavy border on the sketch, I knew immediately I would be using my Martha Stewart Drippy Goo Punch!
Look, I left white space! Always challenging for me. No airbrushing, no doodles, just clean white edges! Something about using just black ink on white -- I like the bold contrast. The little kitty image is just one cat, but I stamped him three times. (Making a light line with a pencil on my paper to keep my stampings "some what" straight, then erasing it after the ink dried.) The crazy multi-colored DP is from Basic Grey's Eerie collection. I added my drippy goo edge (love that punch!) and popped it up with some foam tape over the stamped panel. Some jute string to dress it up on the edge and I also added some through the buttons. I used the tiniest slot on the Bow Easy to create the bow. I gave each kitty some different colored eyes using some teensy weensy crystals. In the end, I had to add some doodles around the green panel. I can't help myself. Finished card size is an A2.
  • Stamps: All stamps are from Prickley Pear Rubber Stamps:Black Cats Prowl #GG0063M, Black Cat #CC0086M
  • Ink: Versafine Onyx Black
  • Paper: DP by Basic Grey "Eerie Collection", White, Purple, Green, Black
  • Other: Jute String, Bow Easy Tool, Small Crystals, Misc. Buttons, Martha Stewart's Drippy Goo Edge Punch, Micron Pen

14 comments:

  1. Great card! I love the way you used that punch. It looks like dripping paint. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you are clever--fabulous use of the punch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love every creative and gooey part of it~!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the layers of Drippy Goo! How cool!!

    I adore it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really cute...I must be weird because the cat remind me of the "evil" Siamese in "Lady and the Tramp" - I think that's the movie. They scared me as a girl.
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love my drippy goo too and don't think I have used it this Halloween yet...I best go find it! Fun card Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun card Jenny, LOVE the cats and the different colored eyes on each of them.

    Enjoy your week! Hugs, Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Way too fun Jenny, love what you did with the drippy goo edge punch. Hope you had a good weekend. We were in Gainesville yesterday for the Gator homecoming game.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Jenny

    "Happy Haloween". Love your card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute card, as usual I love the cats!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh this is stunning Jenny. Love the silhoetted cats and the interesting pattern overlay strip on the side.
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete
  12. ADORABLE! I love that drippy-doo punch edge with colored paper!
    qkk

    ReplyDelete
  13. Excellent Halloween card! Love those cats, the purple buttons and of course the drippy goo stripes! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  14. More fun kitties!
    Luv that drippy goo border.

    Peace and Luv,
    jeannie

    ReplyDelete