Pages

Monday, September 28, 2009

TCP's hAuNteD BLoG hOp

WELCOME to my spooky stop on The Cat's Pajama's Haunted Hop! I am the second hop stop of fourteen. You should have arrived here from Susan's Blog, she is the TCP hostess with the mostest this week and she has all the details of how to play along in the TCPTUES78 Challenge! After me you will hop on to visit Tracy!
--------------------
Alma is having a frighteningly fun sale featuring a new Kitty Kat Pack - which is the "Fright Night" set, the buttons and glitter for $24.39. Nothing scary about that sale price! As an added bit of fun, Alma will be giving away a Kitty Kat Pack to a lucky winner. To qualify, all you need to do is visit the fourteen blogs and leave a comment on each Blog in the Haunted Hop. The winner will be posted on Alma's Blog "Dancing in Pajamas" on Friday, October 2nd.
--------------------
Now I have a few projects to share with you before you hop away!
--------------------
These look like fun ghosts! Like Casper, hardly the scary kind! Here's a tip - I wanted orange DP to match my orange card stock, So I used Black and White DP brayering it with orange to get my perfect color match. I used an oval punch on the bottom to frame the sentiment. I also used a Copic to color my embroidery floss - so it would match up too, before I sewed my buttons on! A few doodles with a Black Micron Pen and White Gel Pen around my Nestie shape and the outside of the card...Easy Peasy...DONE! Finished card size is an A2.
--------------------
Here is card #2.... I used the same technique as above and brayered orange over the originally Black and White Checkered DP. A simple little layout that is full of Halloween FUN colors! I added some eyelets, then used some Black Jute String and a black button to hang the Frog Wizard's Portrait. I added a little Spica Sparkle to his Wizard's Cap and embellished with some Crystals around the edges. Finished card size is an A2.
--------------------
And we will end with the hairy Jute Leg Spider Buttons.... I used red line tape to adhere my Sparkly Glitter around the sentiment's frame. I chose a few buttons and glued black jute string on the bottom of them for spidey legs. They are hanging from their Spider's Silk Rope (really it's just white Embroidery Floss) wishing everyone a Happy Halloween. I added some eyes and bling to help give them their own identity! A little embroidery floss bow with a center crystal to finish it up! Final card size is 5" Square.
--------------------

Hope my spiders weren't too scary! Thanks for stopping by and checking out my projects made with TCP's new Kitty Kat Pack! Leave me a comment below for your chance to WIN! And after that please head over to the third stop on the TCP Haunted Hop and see what Halloween Fun Tracy (<------ click) has in store for you!

48 comments:

  1. EEK! How clever you are. TFS *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've been super busy, Jenny! Great cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the composition of all your cards! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, these are all great but I think I like the happy ghosts the best. Love the layout and all the extras you are so perfect at! Wonderful cards, have a great blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What WONDERFUL cards!! Love that dp you used - so great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! These are all so wonderful done in that beautiful Jenny style.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my...you always leave me amazed when I visit your blog. these cards are great. I love the way you brayered over the black and white..what a great idea. I love that glitter, too. I just love TCP's stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  8. jenny, these are all SO SO CUTE and FUN!! i love your smarty pants idea about brayering the black and white dp to get the paper color you needed!! now THAT'S a reason for me to go buy a brayer!! i may have to use that for a susie q-tip!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was tired when I can to your post heading...and thinking what in the world does that say LOL..and then I saw it was you and read more carefully LOL. Wonderful creations as always Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW beautiful cards - my favorite is the spiders!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How wonderfully cute is that frog?? I love all three cards!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ohm those are too cute! great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. how simply frightful and delightful, Jenny! REally like that idea of making those buttons spiders; how simply clever! Really enjoy all the details(yes, admiring the doodleling) and the different pp you mixed here! Trick or treat, Jenny - yummy eye candy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. All three cards are simply wondeful! I love the cute little frog, I think he may be my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  15. All great cards! Love the idea of coloring the B&W paper and those spiders are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Really amazing cards - I'm really loving the Halloween theme!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such great cards. Love how you transformed that black and ivory paper into black and orange paper - very clever. And the button spiders are too cute! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Jenny these Halloween creatings are SCARINGLY beautiful.
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete
  19. These cards are really cute. I love how you used the brayer to color the paper. Thanks for such a clever idea.

    Martha
    Marthamh2@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. These are to die for! I love em!

    What do you think about copics? Are they really as awesome as I think they are?

    I love the idea of brayering our own dp! So clever!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very clever indeed! I love the button spiders to bits! Thanks for sharing the brayer tech!
    Have a nice day!
    Hugs,
    Lily

    ReplyDelete
  22. love the spiders, cute and clever

    ReplyDelete
  23. So talented! I love the "legs"on the spiders and how you created the whole look! Great cards!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Cute Cards! I really like the background paper. Thanks for the Inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Really cute cards! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  26. So cute Jenny! I've been a long time admirer of your TCP creations and these are no different. I love the damask paper that you used and the button spiders! Might have to steal that idea! LOL!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  27. Frightfully awesome cards, Jenny! Great ideas for using the brayer! Love the button spiders! Boy oh boy, you're full of great ideas and inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow! Fabulous cards! I think my favorite is the button spiders...but then again I so love when you outline labels 9...

    ReplyDelete
  29. Great cards! You have such great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love the detail on the spiders! Great cards, thanks for the inspiration. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love your cards, and the colors you used :)!

    Inky Hugs,
    Catherine
    catlevy@eastlink.ca
    www.mystampinggrounds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love each of the cards but those button spiders are just the cutest!
    Carrie C

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love each one of these! Your brayering trick is awesome! The ghosts are adorable and that frog super cute...but the spiders are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  34. These are all super cute! My fav is the toad he is just adorable!

    bast830@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  35. Your artwork is always so creative! I love your style!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Love your damask paper! Gorgeous.
    Sharon L

    ReplyDelete
  37. Excuse me while I pick my jaw up off the floor. Oh my heck Jenny these are all fabulous cards. Love, love, love them all. The spiders are genius!

    ReplyDelete
  38. All three of these cards are frightfully delightful!! I love your attention to detail!! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Oh my goodness your cards are so great - I love love love your spiders - what a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  40. What wonderful cards. Great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Jenny, those spiders ROCK!! Super job!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Loved all of your cards, especially the spider one! Now that I know where to find you, I'll definitely be back to visit your blog.

    thanks..michele h..

    ReplyDelete
  43. Oh my gosh, I LOVE that frog wizard! And your spider card is so cool! Who would have thought to use buttons for the little beasties? :)

    ReplyDelete
  44. love the button spiders so cute

    ReplyDelete
  45. Each one is a delight, Jenny! Thank you for playing with us, it was certainly a pleasure to have you!

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  46. I LOVE the BOO card! Super cute!

    ReplyDelete