Pages

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Sweet Tooth Spidey

This image is part of a trio of cupcakes called Spooky Cakes (<------click to see the whole image) from Impression Obsession. I wanted to use just the one with the spider on top and do my Cuttlebug Spider Web background. After I embossed with the CB folder I used White Craft ink and my baby brayer to highlight the embossed web. I colored with Copics and added a some Spica sparkle on the icing, click on the close up for a better look. I added two clear crystals for Spidey's spooky little eyes and then coated the body portion with Crystal Lacquer. A few mini crystals hanging off the cupcake's edge for a little eye catching appeal. White gel pen doodles and some piercings to finish things off. Final card size is an A2.
  • Stamps: All stamps by Impression Obsession - Spooky Cakes # F2345, Clear Halloween Set #CL158
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, White Craft Ink, Versafine Onyx Black
  • Paper: Misc. DP, Black, Neenah Classic Crest Solar White, Brown
  • Other: White Gel Pen, Copics, Paper Piercer, Black Crystals, Cuttlebug Spider Web Folder, Mini Yellow Crystals, MS Drippy Goo Punch

8 comments:

  1. *giggles* I really like this one! Great coloring job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this one Jenny! Great card! I love how you made the background. There are so many small details (like most of your cards) and they all come together so well. Love the sparkles up close. I love the drippy look under the "happy halloween"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a FUN card. Love the drips below the sentiment too. MLN

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg. love the cupcake!! it is so cute yet love the halloweenness to it! Ct

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous and what a friendly spider who also has a sweet tooth like most gals.
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete
  6. This image is sooo cute and love the web background. Haven't seen that one locally. You are awesome with coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! Love it! From the spider web background to the drippy goo border under the sentiment. Awesome card, Jenny.

    Sue P Snellville (Swampville) GA

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is more like it, no pink! What a great cupcake image and I love what you did with the Cuttlebug folder, just too cool. And the drippy goo is the perfect finishing touch. Great card.

    ReplyDelete