Pages

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Stamp Simply #106 - Rich Autumn Leaves

Stamp Simply #106 - September 25th - ssnotime106 - Today's challenge is all about FALL and the leaves that FALL! Sharon issued the call to make a project showcasing leaves. Upload your project to Spiltcoast and use the keyword "ssnotime106". Check out all the Challenge Details and see Sharon's creation on her blog No Time to Stamp.
---------------------------
Please check out the great samples for the Stamp Simply Challenge today on the blogs of these totally creative designers: Charlene-September's Guest Designer, Janine, Jennifer, Julie, AJ, Tammy, Deb and Barbara.
---------------------------
I know your looking at this and thinking this must have been a limited supplies challenge too -- But it wasn't. I'm getting better at Clean and Simple... maybe. I liked the bright white in contrast with the colorful Leaf DP. So I went with it. I used another leaf stamp for my focal point - stamping the leaf image on the Leaf DP and cutting it out, mounting it with a little foam tape. I love love love quotes -- and this one had never been inked -- for shame!!!! I'm sure no one else has that situation in their stamp room, LOL! I did not want to add any doodles, they didn't seem to "go" with the clean lines on my card. I only embellished with a few gold pearls. Final card size is an A2.... and I used no Copics, a very rare thing! Another skimpy list of supplies listed below....
  • Stamps: Leaf Image #6389 By Serendipity Stamps, Autumn Leaf Quote # P724 by My Sentiments Exactly
  • Ink: Versafine Sepia Brown, Versafine Onyx Black
  • Paper: Misc. Leaf Print DP, Neenah Classic Crest Solar White
  • Other: Gold Pearls, Spellbinder's Rectangle Nesties

21 comments:

  1. What...getting better? All your CAS cards have been wonderful...you are just getting used to them now silly girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you, practicing your CAS!!! Now if only I could stretch my style a bit too! This is a beautiful card with fab dp!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's gorgeous Jenny, I love the constrast with the white, gives a lot of "punch" to your leaf. A fabulous design!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeahhhh, this is awesome! VERY classy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is fabulous, love the colours and the paper is perfect

    Victoria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. another card for me to case- I love this- the sentiment is wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just beautiful Jenny!! I love that leaf! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jenny, this card is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just GORGEOUS Jenny .. especially that leaf ... WOW!! Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How beautiful!!! I love your layout too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous! Love this! :) TFS! :) Have a good one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome card for the challenge. Love your leaf, it's beautiful. Love you Halloween card below also it is really cute! Pat

    ReplyDelete
  13. Whoops! Sorry, Jenny, I just drooled on your stunningly GORGEOUS creation! The leaf is so striking against the white, and I love that sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jenny, this is gorgeous! I love the gold pearls and that sentiment is awesome. The Fall paper you used for the layers in the background add the perfect "feel" for the card. Just stunning. Also, thanks so much for your visit to my blog. I'm so honored! Best, Curt

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card, Jenny! The white is stunning against the rich colors of the paper and I love the gold pearls!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your card is just gorgeous. You inspired me to give this a try.
    I love Fall so I just had to jump on this challenge. My card is posted at SCS and I have a similiar card I did for another challenge on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful and a very striking card Jenny! The leaf looks like it just fell out of the trees (at least in Indiana). Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous, Jenny!! I love that leaf!!!!! And the rest of the car :) Very rich looking, especially against the white. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is soooooo lovely - that leaf is just amazing!!! Totally love it!

    ReplyDelete